Haringey upset Eastbourne Borough in FA Trophy
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough produced an upset against National League South side Eastbourne Borough to book a place in the FA Trophy third round.
Tom Loizou's men took the lead after only 15 minutes as Rakim Richards netted with a superb header from a corner.
And the home side doubled their advantage four minutes before half-time when Roman Michael-Percil calmly converted from the penalty spot.
The second half was only five minutes old when Michael-Percil produced a stunning chip over the head of the Eastbourne keeper to make it 3-0, sending the Haringey fans in a crowd of 199 wild with delight.
And a last-minute reply from the visitors could do little to dampen the mood in north London, as Haringey banked £3,000 in prize money and moved into the last 64, where they will travel to another National League South side in Dartford, who beat Slough Town on penalties, on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey: Miles, Olufemi, M O'Donoghue, Richards, Vilcu, Bessadi, Michael-Percil, Aresti, J O'Donoghue (Akindayini 80), Djamas (Djassi-Sambu 27)), Bawling (McDonald 85). Unused subs: Dombaxe, Leblond, Mitchell.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach