Haringey Sixh Form College Principal delighted to see four students earn scholarships
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Sixth Form College Principal Russ Lawrance is delighted to see four students bag scholarships abroad for their impressive efforts on the basketball court.
Alex Distras, Ndewedo Newbury, Owen Young and Charles Harding have all shone in college sport and as their team Haringey Hawks enjoyed success.
“Sport plays an important role in my life and also in life at Haringey Sixth Form College,” said Lawrance.
“I’m absolutely delighted four of our top basketball athletes have secured sports scholarships to university in the USA and Europe. It’s a testament to their sporting and academic abilities.
“The coaching is of the highest quality and these lads have earned the opportunity to incorporate the coaching, strength and conditioning, sports medicine, sports science, nutrition, psychology, lifestyle with academic flexibility at another level, undergraduate level.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a huge achievement for them, their families, club and college, this is outstanding partnership in practice, ethos into action. This achievement is only made possible due to the values of all concerned we aim for excellence in everything we do at Haringey Sixth From College.”
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 8 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins