Rhinos progress past Risborough in national cup
- Credit: Archant
RFU Women’s Junior Cup: Haringey Rhinos 32 Risborough 5
Haringey Rhinos progressed to the fourth round of the RFU Women’s Junior Cup with a 32-5 success at home to Risborough.
On a cold Sunday, both teams had to content with near-freezing temperatures for the cup clash.
Tries from Holly Mee and Louise Bonnet in the first half handed Rhinos a 10-0 advantage at half-time.
Rhiannon Ellis was next over for Haringey early in the second half, smashing through the visiting defence to dot down.
You may also want to watch:
Shaunie Kiernan then crossed to extend the lead for Rhinos, before adding a second soon after to make it 22-0 to the hosts.
Chiara Argenti then nabbed her first try in Haringey colours, before Mee completed her brace for the afternoon.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Despite the result, Risborough had the last word as they scored the final try of the match.
The cup win was a brilliant way for Rhinos to end the calendar year as they look for more success in the New Year.