Rhinos progress past Risborough in national cup
- Credit: Archant
RFU Women’s Junior Cup: Haringey Rhinos 32 Risborough 5
Haringey Rhinos progressed to the fourth round of the RFU Women’s Junior Cup with a 32-5 success at home to Risborough.
On a cold Sunday, both teams had to content with near-freezing temperatures for the cup clash.
Tries from Holly Mee and Louise Bonnet in the first half handed Rhinos a 10-0 advantage at half-time.
Rhiannon Ellis was next over for Haringey early in the second half, smashing through the visiting defence to dot down.
You may also want to watch:
Shaunie Kiernan then crossed to extend the lead for Rhinos, before adding a second soon after to make it 22-0 to the hosts.
Chiara Argenti then nabbed her first try in Haringey colours, before Mee completed her brace for the afternoon.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Despite the result, Risborough had the last word as they scored the final try of the match.
The cup win was a brilliant way for Rhinos to end the calendar year as they look for more success in the New Year.