Rhinos progress past Risborough in national cup
- Credit: Archant
RFU Women’s Junior Cup: Haringey Rhinos 32 Risborough 5
Haringey Rhinos progressed to the fourth round of the RFU Women’s Junior Cup with a 32-5 success at home to Risborough.
On a cold Sunday, both teams had to content with near-freezing temperatures for the cup clash.
Tries from Holly Mee and Louise Bonnet in the first half handed Rhinos a 10-0 advantage at half-time.
Rhiannon Ellis was next over for Haringey early in the second half, smashing through the visiting defence to dot down.
You may also want to watch:
Shaunie Kiernan then crossed to extend the lead for Rhinos, before adding a second soon after to make it 22-0 to the hosts.
Chiara Argenti then nabbed her first try in Haringey colours, before Mee completed her brace for the afternoon.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action
Despite the result, Risborough had the last word as they scored the final try of the match.
The cup win was a brilliant way for Rhinos to end the calendar year as they look for more success in the New Year.