Rhinos progress past Risborough in national cup
- Credit: Archant
RFU Women’s Junior Cup: Haringey Rhinos 32 Risborough 5
Haringey Rhinos progressed to the fourth round of the RFU Women’s Junior Cup with a 32-5 success at home to Risborough.
On a cold Sunday, both teams had to content with near-freezing temperatures for the cup clash.
Tries from Holly Mee and Louise Bonnet in the first half handed Rhinos a 10-0 advantage at half-time.
Rhiannon Ellis was next over for Haringey early in the second half, smashing through the visiting defence to dot down.
You may also want to watch:
Shaunie Kiernan then crossed to extend the lead for Rhinos, before adding a second soon after to make it 22-0 to the hosts.
Chiara Argenti then nabbed her first try in Haringey colours, before Mee completed her brace for the afternoon.
- 1 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 2 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 5 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 6 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 7 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
Despite the result, Risborough had the last word as they scored the final try of the match.
The cup win was a brilliant way for Rhinos to end the calendar year as they look for more success in the New Year.