FA Cup: Haringey Borough progress as Hornchurch and Barking crash out
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough cruised into the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup with a huge 5-1 victory over Bracknell Town.
Goals from Rakim Richards, Alfred Bawling, Georgios Aresti, Jorge Djassi-Sambu, and Daniel Akindayini sealed Borough’s progress in their third qualifying round tie at Coles Park Stadium despite a consolation goal from George Knight.
They will now await their fate with the draw for the next round taking place tomorrow (Thursday) at 1pm.
League rivals Hornchurch suffered a heart breaking defeat in a penalty shoot-out away to National League South outfit Hampton & Richmond Borough.
The Urchins were pegged back for a 2-2 draw at the Beveree Stadium and then lost 4-3 on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Stimson’s men started slowly with an error amounting to a goal from Christian Smith as he lobbed goalkeeper Joe Wright from distance in the 17th minute.
They then grew into the game and found a way to level the score as striker Chris Dickson volleys home two minutes before the half-time from a Charlie Ruff cross.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
Hornchurch then built on their efforts and 10 minutes into the second-half winger Ellis Brown gave them the lead.
They looked set to progress into the next round but six minutes before the end of the match Niko Muir levelled the affair to take the game to penalties where the hosts sealed victory.
Elsewhere Barking crashed out of the FA Cup with a 3-1 loss to Hartley Wintney despite taking an early lead through Isaac Westendorf.
Westendorf opened the scoring in the 19th minute but an own goal from Daniel Flemming and goals from Lukas Burt and Sam Argent sent the Blues packing.