Haringey Police pair reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Haringey Police pair Amy Andrews and Oriance Lungu are both through to finals in the National Elite Championships.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her decision after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by unanimous decision in the last four.
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final as the Haringey Police hope aims to become a national champion.
Lungu will also look to complete her quest for national glory when she faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the light welterweight final.
You may also want to watch:
The Haringey Police amateur progressed to the showpiece event after outpointing Katie Flynn of No Limits in the semi-finals.
There was no such good news for White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva as he lost in the quarter-finals of the super heavyweight division.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
The London champion took on Jewellery rival Delicious Orie, but was beaten by split decision.
Tshikeva will be devastated to miss out on national glory, but the dream remains alive for both Andrews and Lungu