Haringey Police pair reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Haringey Police pair Amy Andrews and Oriance Lungu are both through to finals in the National Elite Championships.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her decision after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by unanimous decision in the last four.
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final as the Haringey Police hope aims to become a national champion.
Lungu will also look to complete her quest for national glory when she faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the light welterweight final.
You may also want to watch:
The Haringey Police amateur progressed to the showpiece event after outpointing Katie Flynn of No Limits in the semi-finals.
There was no such good news for White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva as he lost in the quarter-finals of the super heavyweight division.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
The London champion took on Jewellery rival Delicious Orie, but was beaten by split decision.
Tshikeva will be devastated to miss out on national glory, but the dream remains alive for both Andrews and Lungu