Haringey Police pair reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Haringey Police pair Amy Andrews and Oriance Lungu are both through to finals in the National Elite Championships.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her decision after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by unanimous decision in the last four.
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final as the Haringey Police hope aims to become a national champion.
Lungu will also look to complete her quest for national glory when she faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the light welterweight final.
You may also want to watch:
The Haringey Police amateur progressed to the showpiece event after outpointing Katie Flynn of No Limits in the semi-finals.
There was no such good news for White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva as he lost in the quarter-finals of the super heavyweight division.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
The London champion took on Jewellery rival Delicious Orie, but was beaten by split decision.
Tshikeva will be devastated to miss out on national glory, but the dream remains alive for both Andrews and Lungu