Haringey Police pair reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Haringey Police pair Amy Andrews and Oriance Lungu are both through to finals in the National Elite Championships.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her decision after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by unanimous decision in the last four.
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final as the Haringey Police hope aims to become a national champion.
Lungu will also look to complete her quest for national glory when she faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the light welterweight final.
You may also want to watch:
The Haringey Police amateur progressed to the showpiece event after outpointing Katie Flynn of No Limits in the semi-finals.
There was no such good news for White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva as he lost in the quarter-finals of the super heavyweight division.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
The London champion took on Jewellery rival Delicious Orie, but was beaten by split decision.
Tshikeva will be devastated to miss out on national glory, but the dream remains alive for both Andrews and Lungu