Haringey kids have thrill of a lifetime playing at Lord's
Haringey s Cricket Cup challenges end in the quarter finalsHaringey s boys and girls quest to be win the Balfour Beatty London Youth Games Cricket Cup and be crowned champions of London was ended after both teams were knocked out in the quarter final
Haringey's Cricket Cup challenges end in the quarter finals
Haringey's boys' and girls' quest to be win the Balfour Beatty London Youth Games' Cricket Cup and be crowned champions of London was ended after both teams were knocked out in the quarter finals.
The boys were beaten by Lewisham in their quarter final despite posting a competitive 79 runs for 6 wickets in their innings. The girls' team lost to the City of London after being dismissed for 69 runs.
Lily Mallick, Captain of Haringey girls, said "I'm very proud of the team effort. We played really well, especially against Brent, and we made a game out of the City of London match"
Boys' captain, William Matthews said "The opposition were very good. I'm glad to have had played at Lord's even if we didn't win."
Current Sussex all-rounder and ex-London Youth Games competitor Rory Hamilton Brown came back to witness the finals and handed out the medals to the top three boroughs. He also read out a good luck message from the England ladies' captain Charlotte Edwards as they started their quest to win the World Cup in Sydney.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 3 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 4 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
Speaking after the finals, Hamilton-Brown said "It is great to come back to an event that I played in and one which helped my development as a player. I thought the standard of cricket was superb and I'm delighted to see how boys' and girls' cricket has continued to grow at the Games. Congratulations to Tower Hamlets' boys and Redbridge's girls"