Haringey Huskies start out with a trip to Basingstoke
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies will begin their 2017-18 National League season with a trip to face Basingstoke Buffalo at Planet Ice Basingstoke on Sunday, September 10.
The Alexandra Palace-based club will play their first home match of the season against local rivals Lee Valley Lions on Saturday, September 16.
The fixtures released on Sunday also revealed the Huskies will travel to Invicta (September 23) and host Swindon Wildcats (September 30) in the first month of the season.
The newly-formed side will have a fairly quiet second month with a home match against reigning champions Peterborough (October 7), before travelling away to new boys Bracknell Hornets the following day, as well as fellow new boys Guildford Phoenix (October 14).
After a summer of upheaval in British ice hockey, Coach Dan Sampson will have to prepare his side to do battle with NIHL South One clubs Chelmsford Chieftains, Bracknell Hornets, Oxford City Stars and Solent Devils this campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The black and white outfit will have to face the two league favourites Oxford (November 11) and Chelmsford (November 25) in the third month of the campaign at Alexandra Palace.
They will they enjoy a long Christmas break as they travel to Slough on December, 9 and don’t take to the ice again until Saturday, January 6 when they host Basingstoke Buffalo.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 8 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Sampson’s men will then four fixtures in February, three in March, before finishing the season with a home fixture against Cardiff in April.
The first round of the play-offs will be held on the weekend of April 14 and 15, with semi-finals a week later and the finals the following week.
Huskies 2017-18 fixtures, September – 10 Basingstoke 16 LEE VALLEY; 23 Invicta; 30 SWINDON; October -7: PETERBOROUGH; 8 Bracknell; 14 Guildford; November- 5 Bristol; 11 OXFORD; 12 Lee Valley; 18 INVICTA; 25 CHELMSFORD; December 9; Slough; January 6- BASINGSTOKE; 7 Swindon; 13 BRACKNELL; 14 Oxford; 28 Peterborough; February 4 – Cardiff; 17 SOLENT; 24 BRISTOL; 25 Chelmsford; March 3- SLOUGH; 17 Solent; 24 GUILDFORD; April 7 – CARDIFF.