Haringey Huskies start out with a trip to Basingstoke
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies will begin their 2017-18 National League season with a trip to face Basingstoke Buffalo at Planet Ice Basingstoke on Sunday, September 10.
The Alexandra Palace-based club will play their first home match of the season against local rivals Lee Valley Lions on Saturday, September 16.
The fixtures released on Sunday also revealed the Huskies will travel to Invicta (September 23) and host Swindon Wildcats (September 30) in the first month of the season.
The newly-formed side will have a fairly quiet second month with a home match against reigning champions Peterborough (October 7), before travelling away to new boys Bracknell Hornets the following day, as well as fellow new boys Guildford Phoenix (October 14).
After a summer of upheaval in British ice hockey, Coach Dan Sampson will have to prepare his side to do battle with NIHL South One clubs Chelmsford Chieftains, Bracknell Hornets, Oxford City Stars and Solent Devils this campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The black and white outfit will have to face the two league favourites Oxford (November 11) and Chelmsford (November 25) in the third month of the campaign at Alexandra Palace.
They will they enjoy a long Christmas break as they travel to Slough on December, 9 and don’t take to the ice again until Saturday, January 6 when they host Basingstoke Buffalo.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
Sampson’s men will then four fixtures in February, three in March, before finishing the season with a home fixture against Cardiff in April.
The first round of the play-offs will be held on the weekend of April 14 and 15, with semi-finals a week later and the finals the following week.
Huskies 2017-18 fixtures, September – 10 Basingstoke 16 LEE VALLEY; 23 Invicta; 30 SWINDON; October -7: PETERBOROUGH; 8 Bracknell; 14 Guildford; November- 5 Bristol; 11 OXFORD; 12 Lee Valley; 18 INVICTA; 25 CHELMSFORD; December 9; Slough; January 6- BASINGSTOKE; 7 Swindon; 13 BRACKNELL; 14 Oxford; 28 Peterborough; February 4 – Cardiff; 17 SOLENT; 24 BRISTOL; 25 Chelmsford; March 3- SLOUGH; 17 Solent; 24 GUILDFORD; April 7 – CARDIFF.