Haringey Huskies signing ‘excited’ for the season
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Stephen Woodford for the upcoming season.
Having taken last year out of the sport to concentrate on his studies, the youngster is now keen to step back on to the ice to pick up where he left off, in the newly-formed outfit that has take over from the Haringey Racers.
In the 2015/16 season, while icing for the Chelmsford Warriors, the former Romford junior racked up 52 points in 26 games.
The 22-year-old said: “I’m delighted to be signing for the Huskies next season.
“Having spent many years in the Chelmsford set-up this change will bring about new challenges to me at a new club with fantastic potential.
You may also want to watch:
“From previous seasons at Ally Pally I have always felt the energy and support from the crowd and it excites me to be on the receiving end of an amazing fan base.
The youngster also spoke of his excitement of the new league plans and the season.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
“With the changes in the league structure I’m excited for the challenges ahead and look forward to giving 100% for the team and my teammates in the coming season.
“I would like to thank everyone at Huskies for this opportunity and I hope I can contribute to pushing the team forward next year.”
Coach Daniel Sampson said: “When we heard Stephen was looking to get back to playing hockey it was a no brainer for us.
“Stephen still being young is a very honest, hardworking player who has an eye for the net.
“With the increase of level this season player of his calibre and skill level will be a great addition to the Huskies.”
Woodford is second name on the roster as the club also announced the re-signing of award-winning forward Stuart Appleby earlier this week.
Appleby, who notched 27 points in 24 games last season, landed Fans Players of the Season, Player’s Player and Coaches Player at the end of season presentation.
Sampson added: “I am very excited to have secured Stuart Appleby for this season - he’s an impact player that brings energy and drive every game.”
Haringey Huskies will be announcing signings throughout the summer.