Haringey Huskies sign Tamasauskas from Lee Valley Lions
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Daniel Tamasauskas from local rivals Lee Valley Lions.
The 19-year-old six foot seven stay at home defender impressed in the club’s open trials and has earnt himself a spot on the roster for the 2018/19 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Daniel stood out in the trials instantly, I mean he’s six foot seven.
“His play was really impressive and it was great to start imagining how he can fit into our plans for next year.
“I’ll be disappointed if we retain his services for more than a year or two as he has the potential to play a lot higher.”
You may also want to watch:
Tamasauskas is the 12th player added to the squad ahead of the new campaign which starts on September 8 against Bristol Pitbulls at Alexandra Palace.
The Huskies then welcome Chelmsford Chieftains the following weekend (August 15) to the Palace as well.
- 1 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 2 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 Lockdown easing 'super positive' for West Hampstead shops
- 8 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross