Haringey Huskies sign Tamasauskas from Lee Valley Lions
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Daniel Tamasauskas from local rivals Lee Valley Lions.
The 19-year-old six foot seven stay at home defender impressed in the club’s open trials and has earnt himself a spot on the roster for the 2018/19 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Daniel stood out in the trials instantly, I mean he’s six foot seven.
“His play was really impressive and it was great to start imagining how he can fit into our plans for next year.
“I’ll be disappointed if we retain his services for more than a year or two as he has the potential to play a lot higher.”
You may also want to watch:
Tamasauskas is the 12th player added to the squad ahead of the new campaign which starts on September 8 against Bristol Pitbulls at Alexandra Palace.
The Huskies then welcome Chelmsford Chieftains the following weekend (August 15) to the Palace as well.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
- 10 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow