Haringey Huskies sign Tamasauskas from Lee Valley Lions
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Daniel Tamasauskas from local rivals Lee Valley Lions.
The 19-year-old six foot seven stay at home defender impressed in the club’s open trials and has earnt himself a spot on the roster for the 2018/19 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Daniel stood out in the trials instantly, I mean he’s six foot seven.
“His play was really impressive and it was great to start imagining how he can fit into our plans for next year.
“I’ll be disappointed if we retain his services for more than a year or two as he has the potential to play a lot higher.”
You may also want to watch:
Tamasauskas is the 12th player added to the squad ahead of the new campaign which starts on September 8 against Bristol Pitbulls at Alexandra Palace.
The Huskies then welcome Chelmsford Chieftains the following weekend (August 15) to the Palace as well.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's