Haringey Huskies sign Tamasauskas from Lee Valley Lions
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Daniel Tamasauskas from local rivals Lee Valley Lions.
The 19-year-old six foot seven stay at home defender impressed in the club’s open trials and has earnt himself a spot on the roster for the 2018/19 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Daniel stood out in the trials instantly, I mean he’s six foot seven.
“His play was really impressive and it was great to start imagining how he can fit into our plans for next year.
“I’ll be disappointed if we retain his services for more than a year or two as he has the potential to play a lot higher.”
You may also want to watch:
Tamasauskas is the 12th player added to the squad ahead of the new campaign which starts on September 8 against Bristol Pitbulls at Alexandra Palace.
The Huskies then welcome Chelmsford Chieftains the following weekend (August 15) to the Palace as well.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home