Haringey Huskies sign Tamasauskas from Lee Valley Lions
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Daniel Tamasauskas from local rivals Lee Valley Lions.
The 19-year-old six foot seven stay at home defender impressed in the club’s open trials and has earnt himself a spot on the roster for the 2018/19 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Daniel stood out in the trials instantly, I mean he’s six foot seven.
“His play was really impressive and it was great to start imagining how he can fit into our plans for next year.
“I’ll be disappointed if we retain his services for more than a year or two as he has the potential to play a lot higher.”
You may also want to watch:
Tamasauskas is the 12th player added to the squad ahead of the new campaign which starts on September 8 against Bristol Pitbulls at Alexandra Palace.
The Huskies then welcome Chelmsford Chieftains the following weekend (August 15) to the Palace as well.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change