Haringey Huskies sign Ricky Rutherford
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Ricky Rutherford for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
The 33-year-old, who has not iced for four seasons, is a familiar face at Alexandra Palace having played for the now defunct Haringey Racers and Greyhounds in his career.
Rutherford was the assistant captain for the Racers in the 2013/14 season and is set to play a big part in the changing room again this campaign.
The club statement said: “Ever popular in the locker room, Ricky brings bags of passion and a proven scoring record.
“He has played at all levels of UK hockey, from NIHL to Elite League, and will bring bags of experience to the team.”
You may also want to watch:
While, the player himself simply said: “I had to play.”
Rutherford will be now action for the Huskies this weekend as they host Peterborough Phantoms on Saturday (5.30pm face-off) before travelling away to face Bracknell Hornets on Sunday (6pm face-off).
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute