Haringey Huskies sign Ricky Rutherford
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Ricky Rutherford for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
The 33-year-old, who has not iced for four seasons, is a familiar face at Alexandra Palace having played for the now defunct Haringey Racers and Greyhounds in his career.
Rutherford was the assistant captain for the Racers in the 2013/14 season and is set to play a big part in the changing room again this campaign.
The club statement said: “Ever popular in the locker room, Ricky brings bags of passion and a proven scoring record.
“He has played at all levels of UK hockey, from NIHL to Elite League, and will bring bags of experience to the team.”
You may also want to watch:
While, the player himself simply said: “I had to play.”
Rutherford will be now action for the Huskies this weekend as they host Peterborough Phantoms on Saturday (5.30pm face-off) before travelling away to face Bracknell Hornets on Sunday (6pm face-off).
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath