Haringey Huskies sign Ricky Rutherford
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Ricky Rutherford for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
The 33-year-old, who has not iced for four seasons, is a familiar face at Alexandra Palace having played for the now defunct Haringey Racers and Greyhounds in his career.
Rutherford was the assistant captain for the Racers in the 2013/14 season and is set to play a big part in the changing room again this campaign.
The club statement said: “Ever popular in the locker room, Ricky brings bags of passion and a proven scoring record.
“He has played at all levels of UK hockey, from NIHL to Elite League, and will bring bags of experience to the team.”
You may also want to watch:
While, the player himself simply said: “I had to play.”
Rutherford will be now action for the Huskies this weekend as they host Peterborough Phantoms on Saturday (5.30pm face-off) before travelling away to face Bracknell Hornets on Sunday (6pm face-off).
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour