Haringey Huskies sign Lewis Jones
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Lewis Jones for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based club welcome the signing of former Haringey Racers and London Raiders stay at home defenceman to their new-look side.
Jones, who spent his junior career between Romford and Chelmsford, notched six points in ten games in his first stint at the Racers, before moving up to Sheffield for university, where he iced for both Sheffield and Coventry in the NIHL.
Club spokesman, Ali Band, said: “Lewis is good kid who plays the game how it should be played, with heart and passion.
“We are looking for him to really step this season and be an integral part of our defence.
You may also want to watch:
“I know he is up to the challenge and I am excited to see him out on the ice.”
Jones joins Stuart Appleby, Stephen Woodford, Sam Park, Mark Voslinsky and Ben Osborne on the roster.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'