Haringey Huskies sign Joseph Willingham
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joseph Willingham for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
Willingham played his junior hockey in the well renowned Guildford set up, where he was a prolific goal scorer, before his studies took him to the University of Kent, where he was quickly snapped up by the Kent Knights.
After three successful seasons playing in the BUIHA, the 24-year-old had taken some time out to focus on his career, but has decided to return to the ice.
A club statement said: “After skating with the team for the past couple of weeks it looks as though he never left the ice.”
The club also announced they’ll be raising for money for Help for Heroes in their match against Oxford City Stars (5.30pm) at Alexandra Palace.
You may also want to watch:
Willingham is expected to take to the ice with his new side in the match against the league leaders.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 6 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath