Haringey Huskies sign Joseph Willingham
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joseph Willingham for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
Willingham played his junior hockey in the well renowned Guildford set up, where he was a prolific goal scorer, before his studies took him to the University of Kent, where he was quickly snapped up by the Kent Knights.
After three successful seasons playing in the BUIHA, the 24-year-old had taken some time out to focus on his career, but has decided to return to the ice.
A club statement said: “After skating with the team for the past couple of weeks it looks as though he never left the ice.”
The club also announced they’ll be raising for money for Help for Heroes in their match against Oxford City Stars (5.30pm) at Alexandra Palace.
You may also want to watch:
Willingham is expected to take to the ice with his new side in the match against the league leaders.
- 1 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 8 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted