Haringey Huskies sign Joseph Willingham
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joseph Willingham for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
Willingham played his junior hockey in the well renowned Guildford set up, where he was a prolific goal scorer, before his studies took him to the University of Kent, where he was quickly snapped up by the Kent Knights.
After three successful seasons playing in the BUIHA, the 24-year-old had taken some time out to focus on his career, but has decided to return to the ice.
A club statement said: “After skating with the team for the past couple of weeks it looks as though he never left the ice.”
The club also announced they’ll be raising for money for Help for Heroes in their match against Oxford City Stars (5.30pm) at Alexandra Palace.
You may also want to watch:
Willingham is expected to take to the ice with his new side in the match against the league leaders.
- 1 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 2 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals