Haringey Huskies sign forward Joe Berry
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joe Berry for the 2017/18 season, writes Jacob Ranson.
Berry, who has iced the majority of his career for rivals Lee Valley Lions, is returning to the ice after taking a year out to focus on his work commitments.
The 29-year-old skated with the team last week and the Alexandra Palace-based outfit moved quickly to nab the forwards signature.
Coach Sampson said: “Joe is a vocal guy in the room and on the ice who works hard for 60 minutes.
“He has a keen eye for the net and has scored key goals at every level he has played at.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking for him to fill out the goals column a bit more in his stats this season and he will play a big role.”
Berry added: “It’s good to be back on the ice and to be joining a new team is exciting for me.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 9 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 10 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
“I’ve been off the ice for a year and can’t wait to be back.
“It also great to be back with some old and new faces.”