Haringey Huskies sign forward Joe Berry
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joe Berry for the 2017/18 season, writes Jacob Ranson.
Berry, who has iced the majority of his career for rivals Lee Valley Lions, is returning to the ice after taking a year out to focus on his work commitments.
The 29-year-old skated with the team last week and the Alexandra Palace-based outfit moved quickly to nab the forwards signature.
Coach Sampson said: “Joe is a vocal guy in the room and on the ice who works hard for 60 minutes.
“He has a keen eye for the net and has scored key goals at every level he has played at.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking for him to fill out the goals column a bit more in his stats this season and he will play a big role.”
Berry added: “It’s good to be back on the ice and to be joining a new team is exciting for me.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
“I’ve been off the ice for a year and can’t wait to be back.
“It also great to be back with some old and new faces.”