Haringey Huskies sign forward Joe Berry
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joe Berry for the 2017/18 season, writes Jacob Ranson.
Berry, who has iced the majority of his career for rivals Lee Valley Lions, is returning to the ice after taking a year out to focus on his work commitments.
The 29-year-old skated with the team last week and the Alexandra Palace-based outfit moved quickly to nab the forwards signature.
Coach Sampson said: “Joe is a vocal guy in the room and on the ice who works hard for 60 minutes.
“He has a keen eye for the net and has scored key goals at every level he has played at.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking for him to fill out the goals column a bit more in his stats this season and he will play a big role.”
Berry added: “It’s good to be back on the ice and to be joining a new team is exciting for me.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
“I’ve been off the ice for a year and can’t wait to be back.
“It also great to be back with some old and new faces.”