Haringey Huskies sign forward Joe Berry
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Joe Berry for the 2017/18 season, writes Jacob Ranson.
Berry, who has iced the majority of his career for rivals Lee Valley Lions, is returning to the ice after taking a year out to focus on his work commitments.
The 29-year-old skated with the team last week and the Alexandra Palace-based outfit moved quickly to nab the forwards signature.
Coach Sampson said: “Joe is a vocal guy in the room and on the ice who works hard for 60 minutes.
“He has a keen eye for the net and has scored key goals at every level he has played at.
“We’re looking for him to fill out the goals column a bit more in his stats this season and he will play a big role.”
Berry added: “It’s good to be back on the ice and to be joining a new team is exciting for me.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 4 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
“I’ve been off the ice for a year and can’t wait to be back.
“It also great to be back with some old and new faces.”