Haringey Huskies sign Romanian forward Dragomir
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of their first-ever non British player in Gheorghe Dragomir for the upcoming season.
The 24-year-old Romanian forward is the son of the Haringey junior ice hockey club’s head coach Gyorgi Dragomir and will now join him in north London.
At a very young age Dragomir decided that he wanted to chase his hockey dream and play at as high a level as possible, so he packed his bags and moved over the United States at the age of 12 to play AAA hockey.
He then earnt himself a full scholarship to one of the top Pre Schools in the USA, Trinity Pawling. In his senior year he captained the varsity hockey, soccer and tennis teams.
He also earned a scholarship to Hobart and William Smith Colleges to study a BA in Media Society.
You may also want to watch:
General Manager, Lee Mercer, said: “Gyuri is a player we have been tracking for a while and when he expressed an interest in coming to UK to play hockey at the Palace we were never going to say no.
“He’s still young and, while he is already a stand out player we can see him improving every week.”
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 9 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 10 Friends and family remember 'marvellous' Cate Haste