Haringey Huskies sign Romanian forward Dragomir
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of their first-ever non British player in Gheorghe Dragomir for the upcoming season.
The 24-year-old Romanian forward is the son of the Haringey junior ice hockey club’s head coach Gyorgi Dragomir and will now join him in north London.
At a very young age Dragomir decided that he wanted to chase his hockey dream and play at as high a level as possible, so he packed his bags and moved over the United States at the age of 12 to play AAA hockey.
He then earnt himself a full scholarship to one of the top Pre Schools in the USA, Trinity Pawling. In his senior year he captained the varsity hockey, soccer and tennis teams.
He also earned a scholarship to Hobart and William Smith Colleges to study a BA in Media Society.
You may also want to watch:
General Manager, Lee Mercer, said: “Gyuri is a player we have been tracking for a while and when he expressed an interest in coming to UK to play hockey at the Palace we were never going to say no.
“He’s still young and, while he is already a stand out player we can see him improving every week.”
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 10 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town