Haringey Huskies sign forward Downing
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Seb Downing from Invicta Dynamos ahead of the upcoming 2018/19 National League South Two season.
The 21-year-old split his junior hockey between Lee Valley, Romford and Chelmsford Seb made his senior debut in the 2013/14 season with the Chelmsford Warriors.
Downing then iced for the London Raiders before moving to Canada to play for Essa Stallions and then signing for Invicta on his return to the UK last season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Seb is a game changing player in this league, he has speed and good hands which make him tough to play against.
“Seb is also a big character in the room, so he will fit in well.
You may also want to watch:
“Having had a season of mixed emotions last year he was take to some time out from the game, but after he skated with us this summer he agreed to put pen to paper.”
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 9 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 10 Friends and family remember 'marvellous' Cate Haste