Haringey Huskies sign forward Downing
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Seb Downing from Invicta Dynamos ahead of the upcoming 2018/19 National League South Two season.
The 21-year-old split his junior hockey between Lee Valley, Romford and Chelmsford Seb made his senior debut in the 2013/14 season with the Chelmsford Warriors.
Downing then iced for the London Raiders before moving to Canada to play for Essa Stallions and then signing for Invicta on his return to the UK last season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Seb is a game changing player in this league, he has speed and good hands which make him tough to play against.
“Seb is also a big character in the room, so he will fit in well.
You may also want to watch:
“Having had a season of mixed emotions last year he was take to some time out from the game, but after he skated with us this summer he agreed to put pen to paper.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement