Haringey Huskies sign forward Downing
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Seb Downing from Invicta Dynamos ahead of the upcoming 2018/19 National League South Two season.
The 21-year-old split his junior hockey between Lee Valley, Romford and Chelmsford Seb made his senior debut in the 2013/14 season with the Chelmsford Warriors.
Downing then iced for the London Raiders before moving to Canada to play for Essa Stallions and then signing for Invicta on his return to the UK last season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Seb is a game changing player in this league, he has speed and good hands which make him tough to play against.
“Seb is also a big character in the room, so he will fit in well.
“Having had a season of mixed emotions last year he was take to some time out from the game, but after he skated with us this summer he agreed to put pen to paper.”
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 4 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 7 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 8 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 'Facile questions and ludicrous voices of opposition for "balance"'