Haringey Huskies sign forward Downing
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Seb Downing from Invicta Dynamos ahead of the upcoming 2018/19 National League South Two season.
The 21-year-old split his junior hockey between Lee Valley, Romford and Chelmsford Seb made his senior debut in the 2013/14 season with the Chelmsford Warriors.
Downing then iced for the London Raiders before moving to Canada to play for Essa Stallions and then signing for Invicta on his return to the UK last season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Seb is a game changing player in this league, he has speed and good hands which make him tough to play against.
“Seb is also a big character in the room, so he will fit in well.
You may also want to watch:
“Having had a season of mixed emotions last year he was take to some time out from the game, but after he skated with us this summer he agreed to put pen to paper.”
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 8 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect