Haringey Huskies sign defenceman Ryan Payne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have added another defenceman to the roster with Ryan Payne penning a deal for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based outfit welcome long-serving Haringey junior and former Racers player to the club.
Payne played all of his junior career in the Haringey system before getting his first taste of senior hockey in the 2008/09 season with the then Haringey Greyhounds, where he notched up 4 assists and 28 penalty minutes in 13 games.
Payne remained with Haringey for another season until they folded in 2010.
After taking a year out he resurfaced to ice for the Romford Fury and then the Lee Valley Lions before returning to the Palace for the 2015/16 season.
You may also want to watch:
The stay-at-home defenceman has iced a total of 149 senior games through his career, scoring 10 goals and adding 23 assists for 33 points to compliment his 231 penalty minutes.
The 26-year-old said: “It was an easy choice for me, I’ve played all of my juniors here and the Palace is just like home to me.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
“We’re signing a strong team for our budget and I wanted to be a part of it.”
Coach Alan Sampson added: “Ryan is a grit player and one of the best open ice hitters in the league.
“He is strong positionally and works hard.
“Having him on the team will only strengthen our roster as we push for the playoffs.”