Haringey Huskies sign defenceman Ryan Payne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have added another defenceman to the roster with Ryan Payne penning a deal for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based outfit welcome long-serving Haringey junior and former Racers player to the club.
Payne played all of his junior career in the Haringey system before getting his first taste of senior hockey in the 2008/09 season with the then Haringey Greyhounds, where he notched up 4 assists and 28 penalty minutes in 13 games.
Payne remained with Haringey for another season until they folded in 2010.
After taking a year out he resurfaced to ice for the Romford Fury and then the Lee Valley Lions before returning to the Palace for the 2015/16 season.
The stay-at-home defenceman has iced a total of 149 senior games through his career, scoring 10 goals and adding 23 assists for 33 points to compliment his 231 penalty minutes.
The 26-year-old said: “It was an easy choice for me, I’ve played all of my juniors here and the Palace is just like home to me.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube map
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
“We’re signing a strong team for our budget and I wanted to be a part of it.”
Coach Alan Sampson added: “Ryan is a grit player and one of the best open ice hitters in the league.
“He is strong positionally and works hard.
“Having him on the team will only strengthen our roster as we push for the playoffs.”