Haringey Huskies sign defenceman Rob Veares
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Rob Veares as they continue to bolster their roster ahead of the new season.
A former Romford junior, Vears played at Haringey for the Racers from 2013 to 2015 and again for the 2016/17 season.
Either side of that he spent time playing in Romford for the Fury and Raiders, with a couple of stints at Chelmsford Chieftains.
He returns to Haringey with over fifty NIHL 1 games under his belt.
Head coach Dan Sampson said: “Being able to sign a quality player like Vearsey is a big coup for this club. He is a very strong defenceman who is a smart player in his own end. He moves the puck well and plays the body very well.
You may also want to watch:
“Rob will be a big asset for our defence core this coming season. His experience playing in the division above will be valuable in all game situations.”
Veares added: “I am looking forward to being back at Haringey and playing at Ally Pally. I’m hoping to help the team in their title defence as much as possible.”
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London