Haringey Huskies re-sign defenceman Griffiths
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the return of Bryn Griffiths for a fourth consecutive season ahead of the 2020/21 campaign.
The 28-year-old has been a huge presence on the blue line since the Huskies were formed three years ago.
Although he never really ‘left’ the club, we were denied his services for the latter part of last season when his employer posted him north of the border.
General manager Lee Mercer is delighted to see him back, saying: “Now that Bryn has finished his work in Scotland he will be back with a bang, with more grit and some of that toughness he will have picked up from the Scottish people. Sending him away was a great idea.
“Bryn has been with us for a few years now and I know how hard it was for him to watch us win the division title and not be there; he played his part before he went away, giving us a platform to push on to the finish. Welcome home Bryn.”
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Dan Sampson added: “I am glad Bryn is coming back this season. He started last season as one of our alternative captains and showed why he was given that responsibility.
“It is a pity he had to miss the second half of the season due to work commitments, but his return strengthens our D core for the next campaign.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
“Bryn has a great shot from the point, is strong defensively and always puts the team first.”