Haringey Huskies sign Ben Osborne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Ben Osborne for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based outfit are pleased to welcome the former Haringey Racers winger to their new-look side.
Osborne stepped into the captain’s role at the Racers last season, after skipper Ali Band was side-lined with a concussion.
The 31–year-old made 89 appearances, notching 20 goals and 41 assists for 61 points in his time at the former club.
The six foot four power forward spent most of junior career at Romford, before spells at Chelmsford and Lee Valley early in his senior career.
You may also want to watch:
He also earned himself a call-up to play an Elite League match for the Edinburgh Capitals in the 2005/06 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “I’m delighted to have him playing in Alexandra Palace.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
“He’s a true leader both on and off the ice his attitude towards the game and commitment is fist class and on his day, he’s as good as any forward in the league.”