Haringey Huskies sign Ben Osborne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Ben Osborne for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based outfit are pleased to welcome the former Haringey Racers winger to their new-look side.
Osborne stepped into the captain’s role at the Racers last season, after skipper Ali Band was side-lined with a concussion.
The 31–year-old made 89 appearances, notching 20 goals and 41 assists for 61 points in his time at the former club.
The six foot four power forward spent most of junior career at Romford, before spells at Chelmsford and Lee Valley early in his senior career.
He also earned himself a call-up to play an Elite League match for the Edinburgh Capitals in the 2005/06 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “I’m delighted to have him playing in Alexandra Palace.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 4 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 7 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 8 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 9 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
“He’s a true leader both on and off the ice his attitude towards the game and commitment is fist class and on his day, he’s as good as any forward in the league.”