Haringey Huskies sign Ben Osborne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of forward Ben Osborne for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based outfit are pleased to welcome the former Haringey Racers winger to their new-look side.
Osborne stepped into the captain’s role at the Racers last season, after skipper Ali Band was side-lined with a concussion.
The 31–year-old made 89 appearances, notching 20 goals and 41 assists for 61 points in his time at the former club.
The six foot four power forward spent most of junior career at Romford, before spells at Chelmsford and Lee Valley early in his senior career.
You may also want to watch:
He also earned himself a call-up to play an Elite League match for the Edinburgh Capitals in the 2005/06 season.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “I’m delighted to have him playing in Alexandra Palace.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
“He’s a true leader both on and off the ice his attitude towards the game and commitment is fist class and on his day, he’s as good as any forward in the league.”