Haringey Huskies re-sign forward Luke Martin
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the re-signing of forward Luke Martin for a third consecutive season ahead of the 2020/21 campaign.
The 28-year-old made 13 appearances last season, picking up six goals and five assists for a total of 11 points, to help the Huskies to the NIHL South Two league title.
And the former Slough junior is now excited about returning to the club for another season.
“I like playing at Haringey for every reason”, Martin told the Huskies website.
“There is a great vibe in the team with the boys we have got, and I absolutely love how many fans come to the games – that is the best part.
You may also want to watch:
“The view from the Palace just tops it off. To be honest, I can’t see me leaving unless I physically can’t play.”
Head coach Dan Sampson added: “We are pleased Luke has agreed to return next season. I am looking for Luke to really break out this season and up his scoring and points production and increase our scoring threat.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
“He is strong on the puck and has a great shot.
“I will be looking for Luke to improve his defensive play and ensure he plays a solid two-way game.
“Luke will stand up for his team-mates if needed and gets under other team’s skins, but when focused on playing he can be a real asset for us.”