Haringey Huskies land forward duo
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signings of forward duo James Parfitt and Ashley Cave for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based club welcome the pair of forwards from the Chelmsford Warriors and are hoping they be big additions for the upcomin campaign.
Parfitt, who is a product of the Chelmsford junior system, returns to the ice after last playing in the 2014/15 season and is now eager to lace his skates back up in the new look Haringey outfit.
The 25-year-old said: “After taking a couple of seasons off to focus on coaching, I am very excited to be putting my kit back on.
“Being part of a new team and helping them to establish the Huskies name as a strong competitor in the league, was an opportunity I could not miss out on.
“I am looking forward to hearing who the rest of my teammates will be over the coming weeks.”
Parfitt is also joined by the addition of former Lee Valley Lions and Chelmsford Warriors utility man Ashley Cave.
- 1 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 2 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 3 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 9 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
The 29-year-old, who is known for his speed and hitting ability, joins from former side Warriors and is now ‘excited’ to get started.
Cave said: “I’m really excited to be joining the Huskies and playing for Daniel this season.
“After speaking to him and hearing about his plans and the team he’s putting together, it was an easy decision to make.
“I believe it will be a fun and challenging, with the new league structure.
“However, I am looking to make an impact on the ice for the club and I’m excited to meet my team mates, the fans and us having a great year.”
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.