Haringey Huskies land forward duo
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signings of forward duo James Parfitt and Ashley Cave for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based club welcome the pair of forwards from the Chelmsford Warriors and are hoping they be big additions for the upcomin campaign.
Parfitt, who is a product of the Chelmsford junior system, returns to the ice after last playing in the 2014/15 season and is now eager to lace his skates back up in the new look Haringey outfit.
The 25-year-old said: “After taking a couple of seasons off to focus on coaching, I am very excited to be putting my kit back on.
“Being part of a new team and helping them to establish the Huskies name as a strong competitor in the league, was an opportunity I could not miss out on.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking forward to hearing who the rest of my teammates will be over the coming weeks.”
Parfitt is also joined by the addition of former Lee Valley Lions and Chelmsford Warriors utility man Ashley Cave.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 'Cycling is the future – and we must pay instructors fairly'
The 29-year-old, who is known for his speed and hitting ability, joins from former side Warriors and is now ‘excited’ to get started.
Cave said: “I’m really excited to be joining the Huskies and playing for Daniel this season.
“After speaking to him and hearing about his plans and the team he’s putting together, it was an easy decision to make.
“I believe it will be a fun and challenging, with the new league structure.
“However, I am looking to make an impact on the ice for the club and I’m excited to meet my team mates, the fans and us having a great year.”
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.