Haringey Huskies land forward duo
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signings of forward duo James Parfitt and Ashley Cave for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based club welcome the pair of forwards from the Chelmsford Warriors and are hoping they be big additions for the upcomin campaign.
Parfitt, who is a product of the Chelmsford junior system, returns to the ice after last playing in the 2014/15 season and is now eager to lace his skates back up in the new look Haringey outfit.
The 25-year-old said: “After taking a couple of seasons off to focus on coaching, I am very excited to be putting my kit back on.
“Being part of a new team and helping them to establish the Huskies name as a strong competitor in the league, was an opportunity I could not miss out on.
“I am looking forward to hearing who the rest of my teammates will be over the coming weeks.”
Parfitt is also joined by the addition of former Lee Valley Lions and Chelmsford Warriors utility man Ashley Cave.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 8 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 9 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 10 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
The 29-year-old, who is known for his speed and hitting ability, joins from former side Warriors and is now ‘excited’ to get started.
Cave said: “I’m really excited to be joining the Huskies and playing for Daniel this season.
“After speaking to him and hearing about his plans and the team he’s putting together, it was an easy decision to make.
“I believe it will be a fun and challenging, with the new league structure.
“However, I am looking to make an impact on the ice for the club and I’m excited to meet my team mates, the fans and us having a great year.”
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.