Haringey Huskies land forward duo
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signings of forward duo James Parfitt and Ashley Cave for the 2017/18 season.
The Alexandra Palace based club welcome the pair of forwards from the Chelmsford Warriors and are hoping they be big additions for the upcomin campaign.
Parfitt, who is a product of the Chelmsford junior system, returns to the ice after last playing in the 2014/15 season and is now eager to lace his skates back up in the new look Haringey outfit.
The 25-year-old said: “After taking a couple of seasons off to focus on coaching, I am very excited to be putting my kit back on.
“Being part of a new team and helping them to establish the Huskies name as a strong competitor in the league, was an opportunity I could not miss out on.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking forward to hearing who the rest of my teammates will be over the coming weeks.”
Parfitt is also joined by the addition of former Lee Valley Lions and Chelmsford Warriors utility man Ashley Cave.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
The 29-year-old, who is known for his speed and hitting ability, joins from former side Warriors and is now ‘excited’ to get started.
Cave said: “I’m really excited to be joining the Huskies and playing for Daniel this season.
“After speaking to him and hearing about his plans and the team he’s putting together, it was an easy decision to make.
“I believe it will be a fun and challenging, with the new league structure.
“However, I am looking to make an impact on the ice for the club and I’m excited to meet my team mates, the fans and us having a great year.”
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.