Haringey Huskies forward Woodford named player of the month
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies forward Stephen Woodford has been named the EIHA NIHL South Two player of the month for September.
The 23-year-old, who joined the Alexandra Palace-based club this summer after taking a year out of hockey, has scored three back-to-back hat tricks against Lee Valley Lions, Invicta Mustangs and Swindon Wildcats this month.
The former Chelmsford Warriors forward also has four assists and another goal to his name, meaning he has tallied a total of 14 points in four games, while playing a huge part in helping the newly-formed club get off to an unbeaten start to the 2017/18 season.
The club’s general manager Lee Mercer said: “It’s fantastic, he’s been great for us and that’s the reason we moved quite quickly to sign Stevie.
“When a player like that comes back on the radar, he became a must-get for us and he’s played absolutely phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Woodford will be hoping to continue his good form this weekend as the Huskies face Peterborough Phantoms and Bracknell Hornets.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden