Haringey Huskies forward Woodford named player of the month
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies forward Stephen Woodford has been named the EIHA NIHL South Two player of the month for September.
The 23-year-old, who joined the Alexandra Palace-based club this summer after taking a year out of hockey, has scored three back-to-back hat tricks against Lee Valley Lions, Invicta Mustangs and Swindon Wildcats this month.
The former Chelmsford Warriors forward also has four assists and another goal to his name, meaning he has tallied a total of 14 points in four games, while playing a huge part in helping the newly-formed club get off to an unbeaten start to the 2017/18 season.
The club’s general manager Lee Mercer said: “It’s fantastic, he’s been great for us and that’s the reason we moved quite quickly to sign Stevie.
“When a player like that comes back on the radar, he became a must-get for us and he’s played absolutely phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Woodford will be hoping to continue his good form this weekend as the Huskies face Peterborough Phantoms and Bracknell Hornets.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre