Haringey Huskies forward Woodford named player of the month
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies forward Stephen Woodford has been named the EIHA NIHL South Two player of the month for September.
The 23-year-old, who joined the Alexandra Palace-based club this summer after taking a year out of hockey, has scored three back-to-back hat tricks against Lee Valley Lions, Invicta Mustangs and Swindon Wildcats this month.
The former Chelmsford Warriors forward also has four assists and another goal to his name, meaning he has tallied a total of 14 points in four games, while playing a huge part in helping the newly-formed club get off to an unbeaten start to the 2017/18 season.
The club’s general manager Lee Mercer said: “It’s fantastic, he’s been great for us and that’s the reason we moved quite quickly to sign Stevie.
“When a player like that comes back on the radar, he became a must-get for us and he’s played absolutely phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Woodford will be hoping to continue his good form this weekend as the Huskies face Peterborough Phantoms and Bracknell Hornets.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change