Haringey Huskies forward Woodford named player of the month
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies forward Stephen Woodford has been named the EIHA NIHL South Two player of the month for September.
The 23-year-old, who joined the Alexandra Palace-based club this summer after taking a year out of hockey, has scored three back-to-back hat tricks against Lee Valley Lions, Invicta Mustangs and Swindon Wildcats this month.
The former Chelmsford Warriors forward also has four assists and another goal to his name, meaning he has tallied a total of 14 points in four games, while playing a huge part in helping the newly-formed club get off to an unbeaten start to the 2017/18 season.
The club’s general manager Lee Mercer said: “It’s fantastic, he’s been great for us and that’s the reason we moved quite quickly to sign Stevie.
“When a player like that comes back on the radar, he became a must-get for us and he’s played absolutely phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Woodford will be hoping to continue his good form this weekend as the Huskies face Peterborough Phantoms and Bracknell Hornets.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate