Haringey Huskies forward Pentecost joins Chieftains on short-term deal
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies forward James Pentecost has joined Chelmsford Chieftains on a short-term loan to help them out at the beginning of the season as his club await their first league fixture.
The 31-year-old has previously spent time with Peterborough, Oxford and Raiders, before moving to the Huskies in 2019.
Pentecost racked up 47 points in just 18 games for the Huskies during the 2019/20 season and was named coaches player of the season.
Chieftains coach Joe Wilson said: "I’ve known Pents for a long time and have had the pleasure to play and coach both against and with him, I know which I prefer.
“Pents will bring more offensive firepower to our line, he will put 100% in every shift and has an eye for a goal so when he reached out offering to lend a hand for the first few games I jumped at the chance to bring him on board.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m excited to see Pents in the black and gold even if it’s only for a short time.”
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Hampstead's Burgh House Cafe wins readers' poll