Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies 3 Bristol Pitbulls 4
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies suffered a narrow 4-3 defeat to Bristol Pitbulls in their opening match of the National League South Two season.
Lee Mercer’s side got off to a slow start and found themselves 1-0 down after just 24 seconds when Jamie Newton found the net after Steve Osman and Michael Hargreaves linked up well.
It was soon 2-0 to the Pitbulls when Nathan Chilcott found the net after being picked out by Osman with a pass in the eighth minute of play.
The Alexandra Palace-based side finally clawed one back with two minutes and 56 seconds left in the second period when summer signing Sebastian Downing netted after a pass from Jack Lee.
The hosts then levelled the score when defenceman Mark Robinson set up assistant captain Stuart Appleby 41 seconds later.
Early in the third period the visitors restored their lead and made it 3-2 when Osman scored with assists going to Adam Coakley and Chilcott.
Newton then bagged his second of the night with Osman setting up yet another goal with six minutes and 50 seconds left in the game.
- 1 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 2 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 3 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 4 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
Huskies made it 4-3 with three minutes and 51 seconds left as Stephen Woodford fired a shot past netminder Andrew Leckie.
It was too little too late as the hosts failed to find an equaliser in the dying minutes of the game.
Haringey Huskies: Sebastian Downing 1+0, Stephen Woodford 1+0, Stuart Appleby 1+0, Jack Lee 0+2, Mark Robinson 0+1, Ryan Payne 0+1.
Bristol Pitbulls: Jamie Newton 2+1, Steve Osman 1+3, Nathan Chilcott 1+1, Michael Hargreaves 0+1, Richard Hargreaves 0+1, Adam Coakley 0+1.