Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies 3 Bristol Pitbulls 4
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies suffered a narrow 4-3 defeat to Bristol Pitbulls in their opening match of the National League South Two season.
Lee Mercer’s side got off to a slow start and found themselves 1-0 down after just 24 seconds when Jamie Newton found the net after Steve Osman and Michael Hargreaves linked up well.
It was soon 2-0 to the Pitbulls when Nathan Chilcott found the net after being picked out by Osman with a pass in the eighth minute of play.
The Alexandra Palace-based side finally clawed one back with two minutes and 56 seconds left in the second period when summer signing Sebastian Downing netted after a pass from Jack Lee.
The hosts then levelled the score when defenceman Mark Robinson set up assistant captain Stuart Appleby 41 seconds later.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the third period the visitors restored their lead and made it 3-2 when Osman scored with assists going to Adam Coakley and Chilcott.
Newton then bagged his second of the night with Osman setting up yet another goal with six minutes and 50 seconds left in the game.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 5 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
Huskies made it 4-3 with three minutes and 51 seconds left as Stephen Woodford fired a shot past netminder Andrew Leckie.
It was too little too late as the hosts failed to find an equaliser in the dying minutes of the game.
Haringey Huskies: Sebastian Downing 1+0, Stephen Woodford 1+0, Stuart Appleby 1+0, Jack Lee 0+2, Mark Robinson 0+1, Ryan Payne 0+1.
Bristol Pitbulls: Jamie Newton 2+1, Steve Osman 1+3, Nathan Chilcott 1+1, Michael Hargreaves 0+1, Richard Hargreaves 0+1, Adam Coakley 0+1.