Haringey Huskies capture defenceman Samuel Jackson
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Samuel Jackson for the 2017/18 season.
The 18-year-old joins the newly-formed outfit from Chelmsford where he has spent majority of his junior career.
The youngster, who iced for the England under-19s last season also spent some of his junior years at Milton Keynes, before playing the last two seasons for Chelmsford Warriors.
Talking from his summer home in Lakeview Terrace, Samuel Jackson joked: “I’ve finally made it, I’m NIHL.
“Having spent 12 years at Chelmsford I’m thrilled to be starting a new at such a great club.
You may also want to watch:
“This’ll be an exciting season and I hope to improve my game and help the team.”
Head Coach, Alan Sampson, added: “He may only be five foot two inches, but he plays likes he’s a 6ft Iron Man.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
“He covers the ice well and has fantastic speed, I’m very excited to have him on the team.”
More signings are expected.