Haringey Huskies capture defenceman Samuel Jackson
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Samuel Jackson for the 2017/18 season.
The 18-year-old joins the newly-formed outfit from Chelmsford where he has spent majority of his junior career.
The youngster, who iced for the England under-19s last season also spent some of his junior years at Milton Keynes, before playing the last two seasons for Chelmsford Warriors.
Talking from his summer home in Lakeview Terrace, Samuel Jackson joked: “I’ve finally made it, I’m NIHL.
“Having spent 12 years at Chelmsford I’m thrilled to be starting a new at such a great club.
You may also want to watch:
“This’ll be an exciting season and I hope to improve my game and help the team.”
Head Coach, Alan Sampson, added: “He may only be five foot two inches, but he plays likes he’s a 6ft Iron Man.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
“He covers the ice well and has fantastic speed, I’m very excited to have him on the team.”
More signings are expected.