Haringey Huskies capture defenceman Samuel Jackson
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Samuel Jackson for the 2017/18 season.
The 18-year-old joins the newly-formed outfit from Chelmsford where he has spent majority of his junior career.
The youngster, who iced for the England under-19s last season also spent some of his junior years at Milton Keynes, before playing the last two seasons for Chelmsford Warriors.
Talking from his summer home in Lakeview Terrace, Samuel Jackson joked: “I’ve finally made it, I’m NIHL.
“Having spent 12 years at Chelmsford I’m thrilled to be starting a new at such a great club.
“This’ll be an exciting season and I hope to improve my game and help the team.”
Head Coach, Alan Sampson, added: “He may only be five foot two inches, but he plays likes he’s a 6ft Iron Man.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
“He covers the ice well and has fantastic speed, I’m very excited to have him on the team.”
More signings are expected.