Haringey Huskies capture defenceman Samuel Jackson
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signing of defenceman Samuel Jackson for the 2017/18 season.
The 18-year-old joins the newly-formed outfit from Chelmsford where he has spent majority of his junior career.
The youngster, who iced for the England under-19s last season also spent some of his junior years at Milton Keynes, before playing the last two seasons for Chelmsford Warriors.
Talking from his summer home in Lakeview Terrace, Samuel Jackson joked: “I’ve finally made it, I’m NIHL.
“Having spent 12 years at Chelmsford I’m thrilled to be starting a new at such a great club.
You may also want to watch:
“This’ll be an exciting season and I hope to improve my game and help the team.”
Head Coach, Alan Sampson, added: “He may only be five foot two inches, but he plays likes he’s a 6ft Iron Man.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
“He covers the ice well and has fantastic speed, I’m very excited to have him on the team.”
More signings are expected.