Haringey Huskies announce two signings
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signings of forward Sam Park and defenceman Mark Voslinsky for the upcoming season.
Park, who was an ever-present for former team Haringey Racers, has penned a deal with the new look outfit at Alexandra Palace.
The 29-year-old utility player learned his trade at Romford, coming up through the junior ranks, before spells at Peterborough and Slough with an eventual return to his hometown club for the 2007/08 season.
The former South East conference player took a brief break from the sport for the 2013/14 season, before signing up for the Racers the following season, where he made 50 appearances across all competitions, notching six goals and 18 assists.
A club statement said: “He’s a true gentleman on and off the ice, Parky is always popular with his team mates and we are very excited to welcome a player of his calibre and experience in to the team.
You may also want to watch:
“He brings 14 years of senior hockey experience, spread across the EPL, ENL and NIHL leagues.”
Joining him on the new look team is Voslinsky, who impressed everyone despite his young age, in his senior debut last term.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
The 17-year-old played his junior hockey at Haringey and made the step up into former team the Haringey Racers last season.
He quickly became a key figure of the team’s defence, icing 16 times and picking up two assists in that time.
A club statement added: “He is a strong, smart, kid that has a bright future on and off the ice and we are excited to welcome him to the pack.”
The club also announced new coaching staff members Alan and Reece Sampson, who will assist brother Dan on the bench, throughout the campaign.
Reece has been around hockey for a long time, with many years as the Romford Raiders equipment manager before stepping in to coaching with various junior clubs, and most recently with the Haringey Racers.
Alan is also a well-known figure in hockey around Romford and Haringey, having been a member of the Racers coaching staff in 2013/14.
The signings join Stuart Appleby and Stephen Woodford on the roster. More signings expected in the coming weeks.