Haringey Huskies announce two more signings
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the signings of Bryn Griffiths and Calum Heath for the 2017/18 Season.
Defenceman Griffths joins the Alexandra Palace based outfit from Cardiff, where he played for the RedHawks ENL Devil, and is now looking forward a new challenge.
The 25-year-old said: “After three seasons leading the Cardiff Redhawks and gaining promotion to BUIHA Division 1, I’m delighted to be returning to NIHL hockey for a new challenge with the Huskies.
“As a player, the opportunity to be part of a brand new organisation is hugely exciting and I look forward to helping build a strong team that will hopefully turn a few heads when the league kicks off in September.
“Having played my junior hockey at Guildford before starting my senior career in the ENL with Cardiff, I’m especially looking forward to this season’s opportunity to clash head to head with both my former clubs.”
Joining Griffths on the roster is winger Heath who is a familiar face, having played for Lee Valley from 2009 to 2014, before he made the switch to Slough Jets where he stayed until 2016.
Since then Calum has taken some time out to focus on his career, but has decided he wants to start lacing the skates up again.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 6 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 9 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
- 10 Missing pet rabbit found by chance tip by stranger 'lucky to be alive'
The 28-year-old said: “I am thrilled to be joining such an exciting team.
“Also, really pleased about the new season, I am grateful for the opportunity to be in the Haringey Huskies.
“I would like to thank all of the management and staff for making this happen.
“Without Lee Mercer, Dan Sampson and Tina Ball this would not have happened.
“After talking to them it has been the easiest decision I have ever made in joining a hockey team. “The new season format will be challenging but I have every faith that the team will do well.
“We have a great bunch of new and old players at ally pally and I am looking forward to working hard and playing for the Huskies.
“Alexandra Palace is a historic ice rink that gives me a great sense of pride in playing here.”
Head coach Alan Sampson added: “Both Calum and Bryn can only strengthen our roster, Calum is proven player at this level and Bryn carved out a name for himself in Wales.
“We will be looking for both players to play a key part in our development as a team and to be pushing for places on the top line.”