Haringey cricket team just misses out on a place at London Youth Games finals
- Credit: Archant
Haringey’s Under-13 indoor cricket side narrowly missed out on qualifying for the finals of the London Youth Games at Harrow Leisure Centre on Saturday.
With 32 London boroughs split into eight groups of four, only the top side in each group would advance through to the finals day at Lord’s.
The Haringey side featured players from Crouch End cricket clubs Hornsey, North London and North Middlesex.
Having comprehensively beaten Barnet and Enfield, the final group match was a winner takes all clash with unbeaten Merton, a side containing many players with representative honours.
The Haringey boys saved their worst performance to last though, falling to a narrow defeat in the last over.
You may also want to watch:
Having played brilliantly in the first two matches they were just a little off their game when it really mattered.
Coach John Beckett commented: “I was very proud of the boys and how they played and represented the borough.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines