Haringey cricket team just misses out on a place at London Youth Games finals
- Credit: Archant
Haringey’s Under-13 indoor cricket side narrowly missed out on qualifying for the finals of the London Youth Games at Harrow Leisure Centre on Saturday.
With 32 London boroughs split into eight groups of four, only the top side in each group would advance through to the finals day at Lord’s.
The Haringey side featured players from Crouch End cricket clubs Hornsey, North London and North Middlesex.
Having comprehensively beaten Barnet and Enfield, the final group match was a winner takes all clash with unbeaten Merton, a side containing many players with representative honours.
The Haringey boys saved their worst performance to last though, falling to a narrow defeat in the last over.
You may also want to watch:
Having played brilliantly in the first two matches they were just a little off their game when it really mattered.
Coach John Beckett commented: “I was very proud of the boys and how they played and represented the borough.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate