Haringey fight back to earn draw with Worthing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier: Haringey Borough 2 Worthing 2
Haringey Borough fought back to seal a 2-2 draw against Worthing as they returned to Isthmian Premier League action following their FA Trophy heartbreak.
Borough found themselves 2-1 down before Dimitri Froxylias struck the back of the net in the 70th minute to earn the hosts a point in front of a crowd of 389 at Coles Park Stadium.
The visitors Worthing got off to a strong start as Jesse Starkey found the back of the net in the fifth minute of play.
Four minutes before the half-time break Haringey defender Scott Mitchell levelled the score to make it 1-1 heading into the break but just two minutes into the second-half the visitors restored their lead through Dylan Jelley.
You may also want to watch:
Cypriot winger Dimitri Froxylias came to the rescue with a strike with 20 minutes left in the match to make it 2-2 to earn them a point.
Haringey Borough: Beattie, Ismail, Demetriou, Djassi-Sambu (Ademiluyi 65), Alexandrou, Mitchell, Froxylias, Aresti, Onokwai, Durojaye, McDonald (Solomou 83).
- 1 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
Unused subs: Casillas Carro, Panagitou, Staunton.
Worthing: Rushworth, Colbran, Tutt, Young, Armstrong (Budd 60), Jelley, Parsons, Aguiar (Pearce 60), Kealy, Myles-Meekums (Dawes 70), Starkey.
Unused subs: Pashley and Stevens.