Haringey Borough Women suffer heavy defeat to Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Borough Women were disappointed to drop all three points at home against Colney Heath Ladies as they lost 5-1 at Coles Park Stadium this week.
Despite the treacherous weather, Borough women started well taking the lead with a precise free kick from Amy Haynes.
Colney were swiftly on the attack with the wind in their favour and more clinical in their finishing and Borough found themselves trailing 5-1 at half-time.
Borough battled hard in the goalless second-half but was too far a stretch to undo the damage caused in the first.
Borough are still struggling with injuries but it was good to have Amy Haynes back on the pitch having spent the whole of last season out with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
They are looking for experienced players to join the squad, any interested players should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis