Haringey Borough Women suffer heavy defeat to Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Borough Women were disappointed to drop all three points at home against Colney Heath Ladies as they lost 5-1 at Coles Park Stadium this week.
Despite the treacherous weather, Borough women started well taking the lead with a precise free kick from Amy Haynes.
Colney were swiftly on the attack with the wind in their favour and more clinical in their finishing and Borough found themselves trailing 5-1 at half-time.
Borough battled hard in the goalless second-half but was too far a stretch to undo the damage caused in the first.
Borough are still struggling with injuries but it was good to have Amy Haynes back on the pitch having spent the whole of last season out with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
They are looking for experienced players to join the squad, any interested players should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate