Haringey Borough Women suffer heavy defeat to Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Borough Women were disappointed to drop all three points at home against Colney Heath Ladies as they lost 5-1 at Coles Park Stadium this week.
Despite the treacherous weather, Borough women started well taking the lead with a precise free kick from Amy Haynes.
Colney were swiftly on the attack with the wind in their favour and more clinical in their finishing and Borough found themselves trailing 5-1 at half-time.
Borough battled hard in the goalless second-half but was too far a stretch to undo the damage caused in the first.
Borough are still struggling with injuries but it was good to have Amy Haynes back on the pitch having spent the whole of last season out with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
They are looking for experienced players to join the squad, any interested players should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea