Haringey Borough Women suffer heavy defeat to Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Borough Women were disappointed to drop all three points at home against Colney Heath Ladies as they lost 5-1 at Coles Park Stadium this week.
Despite the treacherous weather, Borough women started well taking the lead with a precise free kick from Amy Haynes.
Colney were swiftly on the attack with the wind in their favour and more clinical in their finishing and Borough found themselves trailing 5-1 at half-time.
Borough battled hard in the goalless second-half but was too far a stretch to undo the damage caused in the first.
Borough are still struggling with injuries but it was good to have Amy Haynes back on the pitch having spent the whole of last season out with a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
They are looking for experienced players to join the squad, any interested players should contact email@example.com.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 5 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab