Super-sub McKenzie sends Borough through to next round of FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup preliminary round: Haringey Borough 1 Stanway Rovers 0
Substitute Chinedu McKenzie come off the bench to fire Haringey Borough into the next round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men had failed to break down the Essex Senior League side in the first half and for a large part of the second period until they opened the scoring in the 69th minute and held on to progress into the first qualifying round.
Borough kept the likes of McKenzie and Michael Ademiluyi on the bench at Coles Park, but failed to find the net in the first 45.
Loizou made changes soon after the break and one of them, McKenzie, popped up trumps in the 69th minute to pocket Haringey £2,890 in prize money.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Richards (Ademiluyi 58), Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donogue; Stone, Aresti (Sanderson 70), Staunton; Edwards (McKenzie 62), Nouble.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Rowe, Barker, Aghadionu.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 10 Friends and family remember 'marvellous' Cate Haste