Super-sub McKenzie sends Borough through to next round of FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup preliminary round: Haringey Borough 1 Stanway Rovers 0
Substitute Chinedu McKenzie come off the bench to fire Haringey Borough into the next round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men had failed to break down the Essex Senior League side in the first half and for a large part of the second period until they opened the scoring in the 69th minute and held on to progress into the first qualifying round.
Borough kept the likes of McKenzie and Michael Ademiluyi on the bench at Coles Park, but failed to find the net in the first 45.
Loizou made changes soon after the break and one of them, McKenzie, popped up trumps in the 69th minute to pocket Haringey £2,890 in prize money.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Richards (Ademiluyi 58), Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donogue; Stone, Aresti (Sanderson 70), Staunton; Edwards (McKenzie 62), Nouble.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Rowe, Barker, Aghadionu.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council