Super-sub McKenzie sends Borough through to next round of FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup preliminary round: Haringey Borough 1 Stanway Rovers 0
Substitute Chinedu McKenzie come off the bench to fire Haringey Borough into the next round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men had failed to break down the Essex Senior League side in the first half and for a large part of the second period until they opened the scoring in the 69th minute and held on to progress into the first qualifying round.
Borough kept the likes of McKenzie and Michael Ademiluyi on the bench at Coles Park, but failed to find the net in the first 45.
Loizou made changes soon after the break and one of them, McKenzie, popped up trumps in the 69th minute to pocket Haringey £2,890 in prize money.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Richards (Ademiluyi 58), Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donogue; Stone, Aresti (Sanderson 70), Staunton; Edwards (McKenzie 62), Nouble.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Rowe, Barker, Aghadionu.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect