Super-sub McKenzie sends Borough through to next round of FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup preliminary round: Haringey Borough 1 Stanway Rovers 0
Substitute Chinedu McKenzie come off the bench to fire Haringey Borough into the next round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men had failed to break down the Essex Senior League side in the first half and for a large part of the second period until they opened the scoring in the 69th minute and held on to progress into the first qualifying round.
Borough kept the likes of McKenzie and Michael Ademiluyi on the bench at Coles Park, but failed to find the net in the first 45.
Loizou made changes soon after the break and one of them, McKenzie, popped up trumps in the 69th minute to pocket Haringey £2,890 in prize money.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Richards (Ademiluyi 58), Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donogue; Stone, Aresti (Sanderson 70), Staunton; Edwards (McKenzie 62), Nouble.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Rowe, Barker, Aghadionu.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago