Ralston Gabriel bids farewell to Haringey Borough after promotion
- Credit: Archant
The hitman scored over 30 times for the Coles Park club during the 2017/18 campaign
Ralston Gabriel has ended his time with Haringey Borough after helping lead the club to promotion in May.
The forward scored in the Bostik North play-off final victory over Canvey Island last month and it will turn out to be his last appearance for the Coles Park outfit for now.
After spending the past two seasons at Borough, Gabriel revealed last week he will be moving on ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
He scored over 30 times during the club’s promotion-winning term and will not be part of the side in the Bostik Premier.
Gabriel said: “I would like to thank everyone at Haringey Borough for the past two seasons from getting promoted to being in the team of the season.
“I could have done it without any of you, including the fans, but my time has come to an end and I wish you all the best in the future.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
The forward did also depart Coles Park at the end of the 2016/17 campaign and enjoyed a brief stint with Enfield Town before he returned to Borough once the new season had got underway.
Boss Tom Loizou will no doubt history can repeat itself after losing a striker who was in the Bostik North Team of the Season.
Upon being voted in the XI, Gabriel added: “I’m happy to be voted in the team of the season and would like to thank all of my team-mates and managerial staff at Haringey Borough and all the managers that voted for me.”