Borough continue to spread their wings and get Gabriel back for the ride
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou has managed to bring last season’s top goalscorer Ralston Gabriel back to Coles Park
The good news continued for Haringey Borough this week after they secured two more Bostik Premier wins and resigned a key former striker.
On Saturday morning, ahead of their home match against Folkestone Invicta, the club revealed Ralston Gabriel had returned to Coles Park.
The forward left Borough in the summer to link up with St Albans City, of the National League South, and he enjoyed success in Hertfordshire.
But after a spell out of the side due to injury, Gabriel found chances harder to come by when he was fully fit again and so departed the Saints on Wednesday, December 5.
Days later he had agreed to make the switch back to N17 where he was a fans’ favourite during his time at White Hart Lane, especially after ending last season as top goalscorer.
Gabriel’s addition will help fill the void left by Michael Ademiluyi, who suffered an injury recently and will now spend a spell on the sidelines.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 10 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
The new signing, who need know introduction, made his return to the team during the 1-0 victory over Invicta as a 58th-minute substitute.
Femi Akinwande had put the hosts ahead by this point and Borough held on to make it six league wins in a row.
On Monday, Tom Loizou’s men were back in action up against another form side from the division in Bishop’s Stortford, but the north Londoners won again.
Charley Barker opened the scoring for Borough in the 11th minute in front of 296 spectators at Coles Park.
Joel Nouble made it 2-0 with 49 on the clock via the penalty spot before Luke Callander pulled one back for Stortford three minutes later.
Haringey had the last laugh though, as debutant and ex-Maidstone United and Braintree Town midfielder Olumide Durojaiye smashed home in the 66th minute to wrap up the points.
It was Borough’s seventh consecutive victory in the Bostik Premier and moves them onto 33 points from 18 fixtures this season, which places them an incredible third in the table ahead of a another busy upcoming period.
Next up for Loizou’s men is a tricky away encounter at Worthing, who defeated the Coles Park club 2-1 at the start of the campaign and have 31 points from 15 games.
After visiting the Rebels on Saturday, Haringey return home on Monday to entertain 10th-placed Carshalton Athletic, who have 28 points from 18 matches.