Haringey have Merstham clash abandoned despite leading
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough had their match abandoned due to the floodlights going out in the 63rd minute - despite being 2-0 up and looking set to make it five consecutive victories in the Bostik Premier Division.
Borough got off to a flying start in the match as they looked to continue their good form but it was reportedly a power cut that brought the game to an early finish at Coles Park.
The hosts had just got control of the match as Joseph Staunton netted in the 51st minute and only two minutes later Chinedu McKenzie doubled his side’s lead.
But it wasn’t to be and they will now make the trip to Kingstonian on Saturday.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Richards, Kirby, Rowe, Staunton, Barker, Nouble, McKenzie.
You may also want to watch:
Unused subs: Stone, Byfield. McDonald, Mitchell, Sappleton.
Merstham: Tangara, Osborne, Bird, Harrison, Henriques, Hutchings, Kavanagh, Beaney, Davies (Hayden-Smith 63), Figueira, Samuels.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
Unused subs: Sow, Guimaraes, Kirwan, Cook.