Haringey have Merstham clash abandoned despite leading
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough had their match abandoned due to the floodlights going out in the 63rd minute - despite being 2-0 up and looking set to make it five consecutive victories in the Bostik Premier Division.
Borough got off to a flying start in the match as they looked to continue their good form but it was reportedly a power cut that brought the game to an early finish at Coles Park.
The hosts had just got control of the match as Joseph Staunton netted in the 51st minute and only two minutes later Chinedu McKenzie doubled his side’s lead.
But it wasn’t to be and they will now make the trip to Kingstonian on Saturday.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Richards, Kirby, Rowe, Staunton, Barker, Nouble, McKenzie.
Unused subs: Stone, Byfield. McDonald, Mitchell, Sappleton.
Merstham: Tangara, Osborne, Bird, Harrison, Henriques, Hutchings, Kavanagh, Beaney, Davies (Hayden-Smith 63), Figueira, Samuels.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 4 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 5 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 6 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 7 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 8 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 9 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice
- 10 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
Unused subs: Sow, Guimaraes, Kirwan, Cook.