Haringey have Merstham clash abandoned despite leading
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough had their match abandoned due to the floodlights going out in the 63rd minute - despite being 2-0 up and looking set to make it five consecutive victories in the Bostik Premier Division.
Borough got off to a flying start in the match as they looked to continue their good form but it was reportedly a power cut that brought the game to an early finish at Coles Park.
The hosts had just got control of the match as Joseph Staunton netted in the 51st minute and only two minutes later Chinedu McKenzie doubled his side’s lead.
But it wasn’t to be and they will now make the trip to Kingstonian on Saturday.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Richards, Kirby, Rowe, Staunton, Barker, Nouble, McKenzie.
You may also want to watch:
Unused subs: Stone, Byfield. McDonald, Mitchell, Sappleton.
Merstham: Tangara, Osborne, Bird, Harrison, Henriques, Hutchings, Kavanagh, Beaney, Davies (Hayden-Smith 63), Figueira, Samuels.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Unused subs: Sow, Guimaraes, Kirwan, Cook.