Haringey have Merstham clash abandoned despite leading
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough had their match abandoned due to the floodlights going out in the 63rd minute - despite being 2-0 up and looking set to make it five consecutive victories in the Bostik Premier Division.
Borough got off to a flying start in the match as they looked to continue their good form but it was reportedly a power cut that brought the game to an early finish at Coles Park.
The hosts had just got control of the match as Joseph Staunton netted in the 51st minute and only two minutes later Chinedu McKenzie doubled his side’s lead.
But it wasn’t to be and they will now make the trip to Kingstonian on Saturday.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Richards, Kirby, Rowe, Staunton, Barker, Nouble, McKenzie.
You may also want to watch:
Unused subs: Stone, Byfield. McDonald, Mitchell, Sappleton.
Merstham: Tangara, Osborne, Bird, Harrison, Henriques, Hutchings, Kavanagh, Beaney, Davies (Hayden-Smith 63), Figueira, Samuels.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Unused subs: Sow, Guimaraes, Kirwan, Cook.