Loizou believes injuries were a key factor in Kingstonian defeat
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough manager Tom Loizou believes injuries were a key factor in his side’s 1-0 home defeat to Kingstonian on Monday.
The Borough also lost 2-0 away to Bognor Regis Town on Saturday and have slipped to sixth in the Isthmian League Premier Division.
Loizou believes his side put in an improved display against Kingstonian and insists it was always going to be tough with the number of players currently unavailable.
"It was a pretty even contest," he said.
"We had a lot of players out through injury and suspension.
You may also want to watch:
"They scored from a free-kick but it was pretty even.
"I thought we were the better team second half, we hit the crossbar and had a couple of chances.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
"They took their chances and we didn't."
Jerry Puemo's 35th minute goal proved to be the difference between the two sides as he controlled Louie Theophanous' wayward shot and found the bottom corner.
On Saturday, Tommy Leigh found the net in the 31st minute before Jimmy Muitt doubled Bognor Regis' lead in the 78th minute of play to seal the win.
Loizou was disappointed with Saturday's performance and said: "It wasn't a very good game. It was a bad day all round.
"We fell short and were lucky not to lose by more.
"We were still in the game but got an injury. When our player was off they scored.
"That killed the game off for us.
"My concern is the injuries. I hope we can get our players back."