Haringey boss Loizou delighted with Hornchurch victory
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough manager Tom Loizou is delighted with his side’s 3-1 victory over AFC Hornchurch to make it four consecutive wins in the Bostik Premier Division.
A brace from defender Mark Kirby and a solo effort from substitute Anthony McDonald helped seal the three points for Borough at Coles Park.
And Loizou believes their 1-0 defeat to AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the FA Cup has spurred his side on.
“I’m highly delighted, I thought after the Wimbledon game we’d have to pick the players up and re motivate them again, but it’s been the other way round.
“Who motivates the motivator that’s the players.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve gone from strength to strength, I think that game against AFC Wimbledon has done us the world of good.”
The Borough boss has praised the impact of his defenders for chipping in of late while his strikers are struggling in front of goal.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
“At the moment it’s all our defenders, Coby Rowe got two last week, he also had a hand in the third one.
“Now Kirby today (Saturday) as well, our forwards are finding it a little bit hard to find the net, but they’re the ones who got us through at the start of the season.
“If it weren’t for Karl Akiwande and Chinedu McKenzie we wouldn’t have had that FA Cup run as we were losing 2-1 in the 88th minute against Brentwood and both of them scored two cracking goals.
“It all started from that day I believe.”