Borough continue great start with win on the road
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier: Leatherhead 2 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough made it two from two in this season's Isthmian Premier with a 3-2 victory at Leatherhead on Tuesday night.
Tom Loizou's men had seen off Corinthian-Casuals by a 1-0 score on the opening day at Coles Park and backed it up on the road.
Chid Onokwai - Saturday's matchwinner - was back on the goal trail and put the N17 outfit ahead in the 17th minute from the penalty spot.
It was cancelled out just before the break when Eddie Dsane made no mistakes from 12-yards to ensure it was level at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Borough came out determined for the second period though, and scored twice in the space of 15 minutes through Romeo Akinola and Jorge Djassi-Sambu.
Leatherhead responded before the end, through Daniel Gallagher in the 86th minute, to set up a nervy finale, but Loizou's men held on to make it six points from a possible six this season to place them second in the table.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant