Borough continue great start with win on the road
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier: Leatherhead 2 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough made it two from two in this season's Isthmian Premier with a 3-2 victory at Leatherhead on Tuesday night.
Tom Loizou's men had seen off Corinthian-Casuals by a 1-0 score on the opening day at Coles Park and backed it up on the road.
Chid Onokwai - Saturday's matchwinner - was back on the goal trail and put the N17 outfit ahead in the 17th minute from the penalty spot.
It was cancelled out just before the break when Eddie Dsane made no mistakes from 12-yards to ensure it was level at half time.
Borough came out determined for the second period though, and scored twice in the space of 15 minutes through Romeo Akinola and Jorge Djassi-Sambu.
Leatherhead responded before the end, through Daniel Gallagher in the 86th minute, to set up a nervy finale, but Loizou's men held on to make it six points from a possible six this season to place them second in the table.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'