Borough continue great start with win on the road
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier: Leatherhead 2 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough made it two from two in this season's Isthmian Premier with a 3-2 victory at Leatherhead on Tuesday night.
Tom Loizou's men had seen off Corinthian-Casuals by a 1-0 score on the opening day at Coles Park and backed it up on the road.
Chid Onokwai - Saturday's matchwinner - was back on the goal trail and put the N17 outfit ahead in the 17th minute from the penalty spot.
It was cancelled out just before the break when Eddie Dsane made no mistakes from 12-yards to ensure it was level at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Borough came out determined for the second period though, and scored twice in the space of 15 minutes through Romeo Akinola and Jorge Djassi-Sambu.
Leatherhead responded before the end, through Daniel Gallagher in the 86th minute, to set up a nervy finale, but Loizou's men held on to make it six points from a possible six this season to place them second in the table.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote