Haringey enjoy home comforts to secure play-off spot
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 2 Kingstonian 0
Haringey Borough essentially guaranteed a place in the Bostik Premier play-offs last weekend with a 2-0 win over Kingstonian.
Tom Loizou’s men moved on to 71 points with a goal difference of +26 on Saturday and with only three games left, sixth-placed Leatherhead are nine points behind the Coles Park club with a goal difference of +14.
It means the north Londoners are virtually assured of a play-off berth, but they will hope they can now secure home advantage.
Saturday’s win saw Borough move five points clear of Tonbridge Angels in third after the Kent club lost to title-winners Dorking Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey opened the scoring early on at Coles Park with Kudus Oyenuga setting up Lyle Della Verde, who curled home into the bottom corner.
It remained 1-0 until half time, but Borough started the second period just as strong as they began the first and increased their lead in the 51st minute.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Recent recruit Della Verde grabbed his second of the game and Loizou’s team saw out the remainder of the contest for a professional win.
Next up for Haringey is a trip to Folkestone Invicta on Saturday where another win could confirm home advantage in the play-offs.