Haringey enjoy home comforts to secure play-off spot
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 2 Kingstonian 0
Haringey Borough essentially guaranteed a place in the Bostik Premier play-offs last weekend with a 2-0 win over Kingstonian.
Tom Loizou’s men moved on to 71 points with a goal difference of +26 on Saturday and with only three games left, sixth-placed Leatherhead are nine points behind the Coles Park club with a goal difference of +14.
It means the north Londoners are virtually assured of a play-off berth, but they will hope they can now secure home advantage.
Saturday’s win saw Borough move five points clear of Tonbridge Angels in third after the Kent club lost to title-winners Dorking Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey opened the scoring early on at Coles Park with Kudus Oyenuga setting up Lyle Della Verde, who curled home into the bottom corner.
It remained 1-0 until half time, but Borough started the second period just as strong as they began the first and increased their lead in the 51st minute.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Recent recruit Della Verde grabbed his second of the game and Loizou’s team saw out the remainder of the contest for a professional win.
Next up for Haringey is a trip to Folkestone Invicta on Saturday where another win could confirm home advantage in the play-offs.