Haringey Borough keep it cool to book spot in next round of the FA Cup with shoot-out win at Hitchin Town
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
FA Cup first qualifying round replay: Hitchin Town 1 Haringey Borough 1 (Haringey Borough win 3-2 on penalties)
Haringey Borough held their nerve to claim a penalty shoot-out win away to Hitchin Town in an FA Cup first qualifying round replay last night.
Tony Loizou’s team could only draw 1-1 with the Hertfordshire club at Coles Park on Saturday and so a replay was required.
Chris Benjamin opened the scoring for the north Londoners after 25 minutes to give them a boost at Top Field.
But Callum Donnelly equalised for Hitchin to ensure it was level at the break and it stayed that way despite extra time being required in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
After 120 minutes of action had failed to separate the teams on Monday, penalties were needed at Top Field.
And Haringey remained cool to claim a 3-2 success in the shoot-out and book a spot in the next round.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
Loizou’s side will travel to National League South side Welling United now on September 16, so Borough’s scheduled Bostik North fixture away to Grays Athletic has been rearranged.