Haringey Borough keep it cool to book spot in next round of the FA Cup with shoot-out win at Hitchin Town
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
FA Cup first qualifying round replay: Hitchin Town 1 Haringey Borough 1 (Haringey Borough win 3-2 on penalties)
Haringey Borough held their nerve to claim a penalty shoot-out win away to Hitchin Town in an FA Cup first qualifying round replay last night.
Tony Loizou’s team could only draw 1-1 with the Hertfordshire club at Coles Park on Saturday and so a replay was required.
Chris Benjamin opened the scoring for the north Londoners after 25 minutes to give them a boost at Top Field.
But Callum Donnelly equalised for Hitchin to ensure it was level at the break and it stayed that way despite extra time being required in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
After 120 minutes of action had failed to separate the teams on Monday, penalties were needed at Top Field.
And Haringey remained cool to claim a 3-2 success in the shoot-out and book a spot in the next round.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
Loizou’s side will travel to National League South side Welling United now on September 16, so Borough’s scheduled Bostik North fixture away to Grays Athletic has been rearranged.