Haringey Borough crash out of the FA Trophy
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
FA Trophy: Haringey Borough 1 Hemel Hempstead 4
Haringey Borough crashed out of the FA Trophy with a 4-1 defeat to National League South outfit Hemel Hempstead.
A brace from Sam Ashford and goals from Jacques Krohomouh and Liam Nash sealed the Tudors progress despite a late consolation goal from the hosts Joseph Staunton at Coles Park Stadium.
Sammy Moore's men will now move onto the fourth qualifying round of the competition while Haringey focus back on league action.
Youngster Ashford broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute of play and they took that lead into the half-time break.
You may also want to watch:
The former Concord Rangers man then netted his second of the game just five minutes into the second-half to put Hemel in control.
Krohomouh then stretched their lead to 3-1 before former Gillingham striker Nash made it 4-0 with just seven minutes left in the encounter.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Borough substitute Joseph Staunton then pulled a goal back on the stroke of full-time but it was too little too late.
Haringey Borough: Casillas Carro, Kisitu, Demetriou, Durojaiye, Alexandrou, Rowe (Staunton 67), Ademiluyi, Aresti (Mitchell 67), Onokwai, Froxylias (Panagiotou 72).
Unused subs: Akinola, Beattie, Djassi-Sambu, Ismali.