Haringey Borough crash out of the FA Trophy
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
FA Trophy: Haringey Borough 1 Hemel Hempstead 4
Haringey Borough crashed out of the FA Trophy with a 4-1 defeat to National League South outfit Hemel Hempstead.
A brace from Sam Ashford and goals from Jacques Krohomouh and Liam Nash sealed the Tudors progress despite a late consolation goal from the hosts Joseph Staunton at Coles Park Stadium.
Sammy Moore's men will now move onto the fourth qualifying round of the competition while Haringey focus back on league action.
Youngster Ashford broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute of play and they took that lead into the half-time break.
You may also want to watch:
The former Concord Rangers man then netted his second of the game just five minutes into the second-half to put Hemel in control.
Krohomouh then stretched their lead to 3-1 before former Gillingham striker Nash made it 4-0 with just seven minutes left in the encounter.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
Borough substitute Joseph Staunton then pulled a goal back on the stroke of full-time but it was too little too late.
Haringey Borough: Casillas Carro, Kisitu, Demetriou, Durojaiye, Alexandrou, Rowe (Staunton 67), Ademiluyi, Aresti (Mitchell 67), Onokwai, Froxylias (Panagiotou 72).
Unused subs: Akinola, Beattie, Djassi-Sambu, Ismali.