Haringey Borough crash out of the FA Trophy
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
FA Trophy: Haringey Borough 1 Hemel Hempstead 4
Haringey Borough crashed out of the FA Trophy with a 4-1 defeat to National League South outfit Hemel Hempstead.
A brace from Sam Ashford and goals from Jacques Krohomouh and Liam Nash sealed the Tudors progress despite a late consolation goal from the hosts Joseph Staunton at Coles Park Stadium.
Sammy Moore's men will now move onto the fourth qualifying round of the competition while Haringey focus back on league action.
Youngster Ashford broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute of play and they took that lead into the half-time break.
You may also want to watch:
The former Concord Rangers man then netted his second of the game just five minutes into the second-half to put Hemel in control.
Krohomouh then stretched their lead to 3-1 before former Gillingham striker Nash made it 4-0 with just seven minutes left in the encounter.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
Borough substitute Joseph Staunton then pulled a goal back on the stroke of full-time but it was too little too late.
Haringey Borough: Casillas Carro, Kisitu, Demetriou, Durojaiye, Alexandrou, Rowe (Staunton 67), Ademiluyi, Aresti (Mitchell 67), Onokwai, Froxylias (Panagiotou 72).
Unused subs: Akinola, Beattie, Djassi-Sambu, Ismali.