Haringey Borough crash out of the FA Trophy
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
FA Trophy: Haringey Borough 1 Hemel Hempstead 4
Haringey Borough crashed out of the FA Trophy with a 4-1 defeat to National League South outfit Hemel Hempstead.
A brace from Sam Ashford and goals from Jacques Krohomouh and Liam Nash sealed the Tudors progress despite a late consolation goal from the hosts Joseph Staunton at Coles Park Stadium.
Sammy Moore's men will now move onto the fourth qualifying round of the competition while Haringey focus back on league action.
Youngster Ashford broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute of play and they took that lead into the half-time break.
You may also want to watch:
The former Concord Rangers man then netted his second of the game just five minutes into the second-half to put Hemel in control.
Krohomouh then stretched their lead to 3-1 before former Gillingham striker Nash made it 4-0 with just seven minutes left in the encounter.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 3 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 4 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 5 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 6 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 9 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
Borough substitute Joseph Staunton then pulled a goal back on the stroke of full-time but it was too little too late.
Haringey Borough: Casillas Carro, Kisitu, Demetriou, Durojaiye, Alexandrou, Rowe (Staunton 67), Ademiluyi, Aresti (Mitchell 67), Onokwai, Froxylias (Panagiotou 72).
Unused subs: Akinola, Beattie, Djassi-Sambu, Ismali.