Haringey Borough players played through pain to secure FA Cup win says boss Loizou
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou says many of his players played through the pain to knock out Cray Wanderers in the FA Cup on Saturday.
Dimitri Froxylias' second half penalty was enough to hand Haringey a 1-0 win and see them into the fourth qualifying round where they will host National League side Yeovil Town.
Loizou had very few fully fit defenders going into the clash and admits that three of his back four were carrying injuries in the win.
"There were players who played with injuries," he said.
"They volunteered to play and got the result. The worst ones were Coby Rowe and Rakim Richards.
You may also want to watch:
"They were both man of the match. The whole back-line and goalkeeper played very well.
"We had a tough week last week especially off the back of two defeats.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
"We've achieved what we needed to in the FA Cup this year.
"I think if we can get a draw with Yeovil it will be an unbelievable result for the club.
"If we beat them, we'll need a bit of luck, it will be phenomenal."