Haringey Borough players played through pain to secure FA Cup win says boss Loizou
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou says many of his players played through the pain to knock out Cray Wanderers in the FA Cup on Saturday.
Dimitri Froxylias' second half penalty was enough to hand Haringey a 1-0 win and see them into the fourth qualifying round where they will host National League side Yeovil Town.
Loizou had very few fully fit defenders going into the clash and admits that three of his back four were carrying injuries in the win.
"There were players who played with injuries," he said.
"They volunteered to play and got the result. The worst ones were Coby Rowe and Rakim Richards.
You may also want to watch:
"They were both man of the match. The whole back-line and goalkeeper played very well.
"We had a tough week last week especially off the back of two defeats.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 8 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
"We've achieved what we needed to in the FA Cup this year.
"I think if we can get a draw with Yeovil it will be an unbelievable result for the club.
"If we beat them, we'll need a bit of luck, it will be phenomenal."