Loizou expecting ‘totally different game’ in FA Trophy clash with Canvey Island
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou is expecting this weekend’s FA Trophy tie against Canvey Island to be a “totally different game” to their recent home defeat to Horsham.
The Borough were beaten 2-1 in the Isthmian Premier Division on Saturday after a last minute winner from Kieron Pamment handed the away side all three points.
Loizou's team now face a Canvey Island side at home who have beaten Welwyn Garden City, Ashford Town and Chipstead so far in this season's competition.
Haringey, meanwhile, beat recent opponents Horsham in the first qualifying round 3-0 and Loizou is keen for his side to progress as far as they can.
"We've come across Canvey Island a few times," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We played against them in the play-off final, they've got a different set of players and so have I.
"It's going to be a totally different game.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
"I just have to make sure I pick the right side.
"We were never going to win the FA Cup this year but the FA Trophy you stand a slim chance of reaching Wembley."