Loizou expecting ‘totally different game’ in FA Trophy clash with Canvey Island
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou is expecting this weekend’s FA Trophy tie against Canvey Island to be a “totally different game” to their recent home defeat to Horsham.
The Borough were beaten 2-1 in the Isthmian Premier Division on Saturday after a last minute winner from Kieron Pamment handed the away side all three points.
Loizou's team now face a Canvey Island side at home who have beaten Welwyn Garden City, Ashford Town and Chipstead so far in this season's competition.
Haringey, meanwhile, beat recent opponents Horsham in the first qualifying round 3-0 and Loizou is keen for his side to progress as far as they can.
"We've come across Canvey Island a few times," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We played against them in the play-off final, they've got a different set of players and so have I.
"It's going to be a totally different game.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
"I just have to make sure I pick the right side.
"We were never going to win the FA Cup this year but the FA Trophy you stand a slim chance of reaching Wembley."