Loizou expecting ‘totally different game’ in FA Trophy clash with Canvey Island
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou is expecting this weekend’s FA Trophy tie against Canvey Island to be a “totally different game” to their recent home defeat to Horsham.
The Borough were beaten 2-1 in the Isthmian Premier Division on Saturday after a last minute winner from Kieron Pamment handed the away side all three points.
Loizou's team now face a Canvey Island side at home who have beaten Welwyn Garden City, Ashford Town and Chipstead so far in this season's competition.
Haringey, meanwhile, beat recent opponents Horsham in the first qualifying round 3-0 and Loizou is keen for his side to progress as far as they can.
"We've come across Canvey Island a few times," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We played against them in the play-off final, they've got a different set of players and so have I.
"It's going to be a totally different game.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 School dreams big after unveiling £200k community kitchen
"I just have to make sure I pick the right side.
"We were never going to win the FA Cup this year but the FA Trophy you stand a slim chance of reaching Wembley."