Loizou expecting ‘totally different game’ in FA Trophy clash with Canvey Island
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou is expecting this weekend’s FA Trophy tie against Canvey Island to be a “totally different game” to their recent home defeat to Horsham.
The Borough were beaten 2-1 in the Isthmian Premier Division on Saturday after a last minute winner from Kieron Pamment handed the away side all three points.
Loizou's team now face a Canvey Island side at home who have beaten Welwyn Garden City, Ashford Town and Chipstead so far in this season's competition.
Haringey, meanwhile, beat recent opponents Horsham in the first qualifying round 3-0 and Loizou is keen for his side to progress as far as they can.
"We've come across Canvey Island a few times," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We played against them in the play-off final, they've got a different set of players and so have I.
"It's going to be a totally different game.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
"I just have to make sure I pick the right side.
"We were never going to win the FA Cup this year but the FA Trophy you stand a slim chance of reaching Wembley."