Borough look to bank more prize money in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s men have had plenty to celebrate this week on and off the pitch
Haringey Borough will look to claim a fourth victory in a row on Saturday when they host Erith Town in the FA Cup.
The Coles Park club entertain the Southern Counties East League Premier Division side full of belief, but eager not to be on the end of an upset.
With £9,000 prize money up for grabs to the winner of Saturday’s second qualifying round tie, boss Tom Loizou will be desperate to add those funds to club coffers.
It has been a good couple of weeks for Haringey with the north Londoners winning their last three matches and helping a youngster earn a shot at the professional game.
You may also want to watch:
Defender Themis Kefalas, 18, has signed with Queens Park Rangers’ under-23s after impressing during a recent trial period.
An announcement on the official QPR website earlier this week, read: “The centre back has spent the last two years at Haringey Borough.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“Kefalas has featured in recent under-23 fixtures for the Rs and scored an injury-time equaliser against Leeds United last month.”
The now former Haringey defender has put pen to paper on a one-year contract at Loftus Road and will hope to progress into their first team.
It is another feather in the cap of Loizou and all of the coaches currently working at Coles Park helping to develop local youngsters.
Borough also enjoyed more success in the Bostik Premier on Saturday with an excellent 3-1 win at Whitehawk.
James Fraser put the hosts ahead, but Joel Nouble stole the show with two first-half penalties to make it 2-1 to the visitors at the break.
The former Dagenham & Redbridge striker grabbed a hat-trick with 66 on the clock too when he curled home to conclude a fine day all-round.
Nouble received praise off his older brother Frank after the game, he said: “A special shout out to my little bro Joel Nouble with his hat-trick. The boy is on flames – only a matter of time.”
Borough’s triumph moved them up to 13th with eight points from six league matches and they won again on Tuesday.
Beckenham Town visited Coles Park in the first round of the London Senior Cup and Haringey progressed with a 4-1 victory.
Femi Akinwande netted a brace with Chinedu McKenzie and substitute Georgios Aresti on target.
Cyprus international Aresti said: “Our next London Senior Cup game will be against Leyton Orient. Happy with the win and for my second goal of the season.”