Haringey Borough drawn at home to Bostik North rivals Heybridge Swifts in fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tom Loizou’s team will take on their divisional foes on October 14 looking to reach the first round proper of the famous, old competition
Haringey Borough have been drawn at home to Bostik North rivals Heybridge Swifts in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup this afternoon.
The draw was conducted live on TalkSPORT2 by Tony Incenzo and Adrian Clarke and it pitted the two level eight clubs against each other.
Tom Loizou guided his Borough team into the fourth qualifying round of the competition for the first time in their history on Saturday with a 4-1 win over Bideford.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring after 24 minutes at Coles Park and it remained that way until half time.
You may also want to watch:
Anthony McDonald then doubled the hosts’ advantage five minutes after the break before Haringey’s forward took the limelight.
Gabriel netted his second in the 62nd minute and grabbed the match ball 10 minutes later to put his side 4-0 up.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Bideford responded a minute from time thanks to Craig Alan, but it sent Loizou’s team into the fourth qualifying round of the competition.
And they will now host Heybridge Swifts on October 14 with both clubs vying to reach the first round proper.
Even though both Bostik North sides may have preferred to face a National League team, this draw gives them an excellent chance of getting through.