Haringey boss Loizou believes 2-1 scoreline in win over Canvey Island flattered opponent
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou said he thought the 2-1 scoreline in his side’s FA Trophy win over Canvey Island on Saturday flattered their opponent.
Athos Solomou gave Borough the lead before half-time and Dimitris Froxylias doubled their advantage in the second half.
Canvey Island did get a goal back but Haringey advanced into the third qualifying round to play Hemel Hempstead at home.
Loizou was impressed with his side's performance and said: "I thought we played well on the day.
"There was a lot of football being played, we kept and moved the ball really well.
"I think the 2-1 scoreline flattered them a bit more than it did us to be honest.
"I think coming in off the back of two losses we needed to get our confidence back.
- 1 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 5 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 8 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
"A lot of bills are paid because of these competitions and they improve our facilities.
"It's very important we continue in them. People don't understand how important they are to us.
"Hopefully it continues."