Haringey boss Loizou believes 2-1 scoreline in win over Canvey Island flattered opponent
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou said he thought the 2-1 scoreline in his side’s FA Trophy win over Canvey Island on Saturday flattered their opponent.
Athos Solomou gave Borough the lead before half-time and Dimitris Froxylias doubled their advantage in the second half.
Canvey Island did get a goal back but Haringey advanced into the third qualifying round to play Hemel Hempstead at home.
Loizou was impressed with his side's performance and said: "I thought we played well on the day.
"There was a lot of football being played, we kept and moved the ball really well.
"I think the 2-1 scoreline flattered them a bit more than it did us to be honest.
"I think coming in off the back of two losses we needed to get our confidence back.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
"A lot of bills are paid because of these competitions and they improve our facilities.
"It's very important we continue in them. People don't understand how important they are to us.
"Hopefully it continues."