Haringey boss Loizou believes 2-1 scoreline in win over Canvey Island flattered opponent
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou said he thought the 2-1 scoreline in his side’s FA Trophy win over Canvey Island on Saturday flattered their opponent.
Athos Solomou gave Borough the lead before half-time and Dimitris Froxylias doubled their advantage in the second half.
Canvey Island did get a goal back but Haringey advanced into the third qualifying round to play Hemel Hempstead at home.
Loizou was impressed with his side's performance and said: "I thought we played well on the day.
"There was a lot of football being played, we kept and moved the ball really well.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the 2-1 scoreline flattered them a bit more than it did us to be honest.
"I think coming in off the back of two losses we needed to get our confidence back.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
"A lot of bills are paid because of these competitions and they improve our facilities.
"It's very important we continue in them. People don't understand how important they are to us.
"Hopefully it continues."