Haringey boss Loizou believes 2-1 scoreline in win over Canvey Island flattered opponent
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou said he thought the 2-1 scoreline in his side’s FA Trophy win over Canvey Island on Saturday flattered their opponent.
Athos Solomou gave Borough the lead before half-time and Dimitris Froxylias doubled their advantage in the second half.
Canvey Island did get a goal back but Haringey advanced into the third qualifying round to play Hemel Hempstead at home.
Loizou was impressed with his side's performance and said: "I thought we played well on the day.
"There was a lot of football being played, we kept and moved the ball really well.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the 2-1 scoreline flattered them a bit more than it did us to be honest.
"I think coming in off the back of two losses we needed to get our confidence back.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race star joins Sadiq Khan to launch eating out campaign
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
"A lot of bills are paid because of these competitions and they improve our facilities.
"It's very important we continue in them. People don't understand how important they are to us.
"Hopefully it continues."