Haringey boss Loizou believes 2-1 scoreline in win over Canvey Island flattered opponent
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou said he thought the 2-1 scoreline in his side’s FA Trophy win over Canvey Island on Saturday flattered their opponent.
Athos Solomou gave Borough the lead before half-time and Dimitris Froxylias doubled their advantage in the second half.
Canvey Island did get a goal back but Haringey advanced into the third qualifying round to play Hemel Hempstead at home.
Loizou was impressed with his side's performance and said: "I thought we played well on the day.
"There was a lot of football being played, we kept and moved the ball really well.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the 2-1 scoreline flattered them a bit more than it did us to be honest.
"I think coming in off the back of two losses we needed to get our confidence back.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
"A lot of bills are paid because of these competitions and they improve our facilities.
"It's very important we continue in them. People don't understand how important they are to us.
"Hopefully it continues."