Haringey boss Loizou believes 2-1 scoreline in win over Canvey Island flattered opponent
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou said he thought the 2-1 scoreline in his side’s FA Trophy win over Canvey Island on Saturday flattered their opponent.
Athos Solomou gave Borough the lead before half-time and Dimitris Froxylias doubled their advantage in the second half.
Canvey Island did get a goal back but Haringey advanced into the third qualifying round to play Hemel Hempstead at home.
Loizou was impressed with his side's performance and said: "I thought we played well on the day.
"There was a lot of football being played, we kept and moved the ball really well.
You may also want to watch:
"I think the 2-1 scoreline flattered them a bit more than it did us to be honest.
"I think coming in off the back of two losses we needed to get our confidence back.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
"A lot of bills are paid because of these competitions and they improve our facilities.
"It's very important we continue in them. People don't understand how important they are to us.
"Hopefully it continues."