Haringey Borough boss Loizou says injuries were a factor in East Thurrock defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou admits injuries were a factor in his side’s 4-2 defeat away at East Thurrock United on Saturday.
The Borough were missing the likes of goalkeeper Valery Pajetat and defenders Lionel Stone and Coby Rowe for the Isthmian Premier League clash.
Anthos Solomou gave Haringey the lead but East Thurrock struck four goals before Chiduben Onokwai added a late consolation.
Loizou believes the players he has been missing have made it very difficult for his side to get results.
He said: "We started off very well, we scored early, but then it was very disappointing.
You may also want to watch:
"We've missed Valery Pajetat for the last three or four weeks now.
"We have a lot of injuries in the side and it's proving nearly impossible at the moment."
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Haringey were due to take on Hanwell Town in the London Senior Cup tonight but that game has now been postponed due to the weather.