Haringey Borough boss Loizou says injuries were a factor in East Thurrock defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou admits injuries were a factor in his side’s 4-2 defeat away at East Thurrock United on Saturday.
The Borough were missing the likes of goalkeeper Valery Pajetat and defenders Lionel Stone and Coby Rowe for the Isthmian Premier League clash.
Anthos Solomou gave Haringey the lead but East Thurrock struck four goals before Chiduben Onokwai added a late consolation.
Loizou believes the players he has been missing have made it very difficult for his side to get results.
He said: "We started off very well, we scored early, but then it was very disappointing.
You may also want to watch:
"We've missed Valery Pajetat for the last three or four weeks now.
"We have a lot of injuries in the side and it's proving nearly impossible at the moment."
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Haringey were due to take on Hanwell Town in the London Senior Cup tonight but that game has now been postponed due to the weather.