Haringey Borough boss Loizou says injuries were a factor in East Thurrock defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou admits injuries were a factor in his side’s 4-2 defeat away at East Thurrock United on Saturday.
The Borough were missing the likes of goalkeeper Valery Pajetat and defenders Lionel Stone and Coby Rowe for the Isthmian Premier League clash.
Anthos Solomou gave Haringey the lead but East Thurrock struck four goals before Chiduben Onokwai added a late consolation.
Loizou believes the players he has been missing have made it very difficult for his side to get results.
He said: "We started off very well, we scored early, but then it was very disappointing.
You may also want to watch:
"We've missed Valery Pajetat for the last three or four weeks now.
"We have a lot of injuries in the side and it's proving nearly impossible at the moment."
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
Haringey were due to take on Hanwell Town in the London Senior Cup tonight but that game has now been postponed due to the weather.