Haringey Borough boss Loizou says injuries were a factor in East Thurrock defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou admits injuries were a factor in his side’s 4-2 defeat away at East Thurrock United on Saturday.
The Borough were missing the likes of goalkeeper Valery Pajetat and defenders Lionel Stone and Coby Rowe for the Isthmian Premier League clash.
Anthos Solomou gave Haringey the lead but East Thurrock struck four goals before Chiduben Onokwai added a late consolation.
Loizou believes the players he has been missing have made it very difficult for his side to get results.
He said: "We started off very well, we scored early, but then it was very disappointing.
You may also want to watch:
"We've missed Valery Pajetat for the last three or four weeks now.
"We have a lot of injuries in the side and it's proving nearly impossible at the moment."
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
Haringey were due to take on Hanwell Town in the London Senior Cup tonight but that game has now been postponed due to the weather.