Haringey Borough boss Loizou says injuries were a factor in East Thurrock defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou admits injuries were a factor in his side’s 4-2 defeat away at East Thurrock United on Saturday.
The Borough were missing the likes of goalkeeper Valery Pajetat and defenders Lionel Stone and Coby Rowe for the Isthmian Premier League clash.
Anthos Solomou gave Haringey the lead but East Thurrock struck four goals before Chiduben Onokwai added a late consolation.
Loizou believes the players he has been missing have made it very difficult for his side to get results.
He said: "We started off very well, we scored early, but then it was very disappointing.
"We've missed Valery Pajetat for the last three or four weeks now.
"We have a lot of injuries in the side and it's proving nearly impossible at the moment."
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
Haringey were due to take on Hanwell Town in the London Senior Cup tonight but that game has now been postponed due to the weather.