Haringey Borough boss Loizou frustrated with Romford draw
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough manager Tom Loizou frustrated to only come away with a 1-1 draw against Bostik North strugglers Romford.
The Borough nicked a late point thanks to Anthony McDonald who levelled things in the 83rd minute to make sure his side kept up their unbeaten start to the league campaign.
Loizou believes they created chances but failed to take advantage of them and that cost them from getting three points at Ship Lane.
“It’s frustrating playing against side’s like this as they play to their limits and that’s keep things basic, we never kept things basic,” he said.
“We never put the ball where it hurts and the referee I don’t feel like he controlled the game properly with the amount of times the ball went off.
You may also want to watch:
“There were loads of ingredients why he didn’t win the game, but we’ve played better and I felt the opposition deserved a point anyway for the way they set themselves out and for their work ethics.”
The manager admits the league is strong this year and everyone can take points off everyone but is disappointed to not be top of the table after slipping up agains
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
“You’re going to get games like this because it’s a strong division and they’re fighting for survival.
“We should have been sitting top of the league, but we never took our chances and we gave away a very cheap goal.”
Haringey sit second in the table and remain unbeaten after 13 league matches and Loizou believes that makes them a target for the rest of the league.
“We’re undefeated but that’s why teams come out and play against us the way they do as they want to be the ones who beat us.
“That’s going to happen until we are defeated.
“Coming away with a point mid-week on a cold night like this, I suppose it’s something.
“It would have been a lot worse if we didn’t get any points at all, but we should be beating teams like this and drawing with your Hornchurch’s, Canvey’s and Heybridge’s.
“We’ll see what happens at the end of the season as its still early days yet.”