Haringey prepare for Boreham Wood challenge
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Coles Park outfit will face a number of strong opponents over the next week
Haringey Borough will take on National League outfit Boreham Wood on Saturday in a friendly at Coles Park.
The clash is a big coup for the north Londoners and Wood are the second team from the top flight of non-league to do battle with Tom Loizou's men.
Last Thursday, Borough entertained Aldershot Town in N17 and suffered a 4-0 loss to the National League side.
At the weekend, the Coles Park club hosted Staines Town and produced a 3-3 draw with the Massive.
You may also want to watch:
Borough's busy schedule continued into this week with Loizou's men travelling up to Suffolk on Tuesday to take on AFC Sudbury.
It finished 1-1 and next up for last season's play-off semi-finallist is an encounter with Luke Garrard's Wood.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
After that, the Isthmian Premier side will entertain Coggeshall United on Tuesday before Queens Park Rangers send an XI to Coles Park.
The R's development side will visit on Wednesday and former Borough defender Themis Kefalas is expected to feature for QPR's under-23s.