Haringey prepare for Boreham Wood challenge
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Coles Park outfit will face a number of strong opponents over the next week
Haringey Borough will take on National League outfit Boreham Wood on Saturday in a friendly at Coles Park.
The clash is a big coup for the north Londoners and Wood are the second team from the top flight of non-league to do battle with Tom Loizou's men.
Last Thursday, Borough entertained Aldershot Town in N17 and suffered a 4-0 loss to the National League side.
At the weekend, the Coles Park club hosted Staines Town and produced a 3-3 draw with the Massive.
You may also want to watch:
Borough's busy schedule continued into this week with Loizou's men travelling up to Suffolk on Tuesday to take on AFC Sudbury.
It finished 1-1 and next up for last season's play-off semi-finallist is an encounter with Luke Garrard's Wood.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
After that, the Isthmian Premier side will entertain Coggeshall United on Tuesday before Queens Park Rangers send an XI to Coles Park.
The R's development side will visit on Wednesday and former Borough defender Themis Kefalas is expected to feature for QPR's under-23s.