Haringey Borough 4 Waltham Abbey 1: Derek Asamoah nabs brace as Boro see off Abbots
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 4 (Gabriel 6, Asamoah 18, 51, Georgiou 25) Waltham Abbey 1 (Holland 45)
Former Carlisle United striker Derek Asamoah netted twice as Haringey Borough recorded a 4-1 win at home to Waltham Abbey in the Bostik North.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Boro in just the sixth minute as the hosts got off to the perfect start.
Asamoah then grabbed his first of the match just 12 minutes later to put the Coles Park club firmly in control of the match.
Ex-Leyton Orient youngster Harrison Georgiou added Haringey’s third in only the 25th minute to seemingly put the game beyond the Abbots.
You may also want to watch:
However, a Billy Holland goal on the stroke of half time for the visitors would have given Haringey boss Tom Loizou something to think about at the break.
Just six minutes after the restart, though, Asamoah calmed any nerves for Boro when scoring his second of the match.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
With the victory, the Coles Park outfit moved up to seventh in the table and just two points outside of the play-off places.
Haringey: Harris, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi, Luke, Gabriel (Edwards 74), Asamoah (Sherif 74), Georgiou.
Subs: Heather, Hervel, Yiga.
Abbey: Rossetti, Daveney, Spencer (Joynes 64), Robbins, Daniel (Glasgow 75), Assombalonga, Koranteng, Holland, Russell, Hahn, Gordon (Adelekan 75).
Subs: Sylvester, Lockyer.