Haringey Borough 4 Waltham Abbey 1: Derek Asamoah nabs brace as Boro see off Abbots
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 4 (Gabriel 6, Asamoah 18, 51, Georgiou 25) Waltham Abbey 1 (Holland 45)
Former Carlisle United striker Derek Asamoah netted twice as Haringey Borough recorded a 4-1 win at home to Waltham Abbey in the Bostik North.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Boro in just the sixth minute as the hosts got off to the perfect start.
Asamoah then grabbed his first of the match just 12 minutes later to put the Coles Park club firmly in control of the match.
Ex-Leyton Orient youngster Harrison Georgiou added Haringey’s third in only the 25th minute to seemingly put the game beyond the Abbots.
You may also want to watch:
However, a Billy Holland goal on the stroke of half time for the visitors would have given Haringey boss Tom Loizou something to think about at the break.
Just six minutes after the restart, though, Asamoah calmed any nerves for Boro when scoring his second of the match.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
With the victory, the Coles Park outfit moved up to seventh in the table and just two points outside of the play-off places.
Haringey: Harris, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi, Luke, Gabriel (Edwards 74), Asamoah (Sherif 74), Georgiou.
Subs: Heather, Hervel, Yiga.
Abbey: Rossetti, Daveney, Spencer (Joynes 64), Robbins, Daniel (Glasgow 75), Assombalonga, Koranteng, Holland, Russell, Hahn, Gordon (Adelekan 75).
Subs: Sylvester, Lockyer.