Haringey Borough 4 Waltham Abbey 1: Derek Asamoah nabs brace as Boro see off Abbots
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 4 (Gabriel 6, Asamoah 18, 51, Georgiou 25) Waltham Abbey 1 (Holland 45)
Former Carlisle United striker Derek Asamoah netted twice as Haringey Borough recorded a 4-1 win at home to Waltham Abbey in the Bostik North.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Boro in just the sixth minute as the hosts got off to the perfect start.
Asamoah then grabbed his first of the match just 12 minutes later to put the Coles Park club firmly in control of the match.
Ex-Leyton Orient youngster Harrison Georgiou added Haringey’s third in only the 25th minute to seemingly put the game beyond the Abbots.
You may also want to watch:
However, a Billy Holland goal on the stroke of half time for the visitors would have given Haringey boss Tom Loizou something to think about at the break.
Just six minutes after the restart, though, Asamoah calmed any nerves for Boro when scoring his second of the match.
- 1 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
With the victory, the Coles Park outfit moved up to seventh in the table and just two points outside of the play-off places.
Haringey: Harris, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi, Luke, Gabriel (Edwards 74), Asamoah (Sherif 74), Georgiou.
Subs: Heather, Hervel, Yiga.
Abbey: Rossetti, Daveney, Spencer (Joynes 64), Robbins, Daniel (Glasgow 75), Assombalonga, Koranteng, Holland, Russell, Hahn, Gordon (Adelekan 75).
Subs: Sylvester, Lockyer.