Haringey Borough 4 Waltham Abbey 1: Derek Asamoah nabs brace as Boro see off Abbots
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 4 (Gabriel 6, Asamoah 18, 51, Georgiou 25) Waltham Abbey 1 (Holland 45)
Former Carlisle United striker Derek Asamoah netted twice as Haringey Borough recorded a 4-1 win at home to Waltham Abbey in the Bostik North.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Boro in just the sixth minute as the hosts got off to the perfect start.
Asamoah then grabbed his first of the match just 12 minutes later to put the Coles Park club firmly in control of the match.
Ex-Leyton Orient youngster Harrison Georgiou added Haringey’s third in only the 25th minute to seemingly put the game beyond the Abbots.
However, a Billy Holland goal on the stroke of half time for the visitors would have given Haringey boss Tom Loizou something to think about at the break.
Just six minutes after the restart, though, Asamoah calmed any nerves for Boro when scoring his second of the match.
- 1 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Chalcots: Camden Council lawsuit ran up £6m legal bill in under three years
- 4 Crime writer: Why I'm donating royalties to Dogs Trust
- 5 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 6 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 9 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 10 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
With the victory, the Coles Park outfit moved up to seventh in the table and just two points outside of the play-off places.
Haringey: Harris, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi, Luke, Gabriel (Edwards 74), Asamoah (Sherif 74), Georgiou.
Subs: Heather, Hervel, Yiga.
Abbey: Rossetti, Daveney, Spencer (Joynes 64), Robbins, Daniel (Glasgow 75), Assombalonga, Koranteng, Holland, Russell, Hahn, Gordon (Adelekan 75).
Subs: Sylvester, Lockyer.