Haringey Borough 3 Aveley 2: Keeper Austin Byfield nets winner for Boro against Millers
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 3 (Asamoah 52, Rowe 88, Byfield 90+2) Aveley 2 (Teniola 28, 57)
A freakish goal from keeper Austin Byfield saw Haringey Borough come from behind to beat Aveley 3-2 in the Bostik North.
Boro conceded the opener in the 28th minute at Coles Park when Alex Teniola found the net for the visitors.
Just seven minutes into the second half, though, Ghanaian international Derek Asamoah levelled for the hosts.
However, Teniola scored again for the visitors in the 57th minute to put them back in front.
You may also want to watch:
Seemingly heading for a defeat, Tom Loizou’s men restored parity once more when Coby Rowe netted two minutes from time.
And in a bizarre end to the game, Byfield completed the comeback for Haringey in stoppage time.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
A long punt forward from the stopper, who was on the edge of his own penalty area, bounced deep in the Aveley half and caught out opposite number Rhys Madden.
The Millers keeper tried his best to keep the effort out, but his momentum saw him inadvertently carry the ball over the line.
It was a slice of luck Haringey were surely only too pleased to receive as they returned to winning ways.
Haringey: Byfield, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi (Yiga 46), Luke, Gabriel, Asamoah, Georgiou (Gordon 68).
Subs: Edwards, Hervel.
Aveley: Madden, Malton, Stephenson, Witherspoon, Woodward, Berkane, Topley, Teniola, Marah, Bradford.
Subs: Cook, Keizer-Burrows, Doyle, Hogan, Gordon.