Haringey Borough 3 Aveley 2: Keeper Austin Byfield nets winner for Boro against Millers
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 3 (Asamoah 52, Rowe 88, Byfield 90+2) Aveley 2 (Teniola 28, 57)
A freakish goal from keeper Austin Byfield saw Haringey Borough come from behind to beat Aveley 3-2 in the Bostik North.
Boro conceded the opener in the 28th minute at Coles Park when Alex Teniola found the net for the visitors.
Just seven minutes into the second half, though, Ghanaian international Derek Asamoah levelled for the hosts.
However, Teniola scored again for the visitors in the 57th minute to put them back in front.
You may also want to watch:
Seemingly heading for a defeat, Tom Loizou’s men restored parity once more when Coby Rowe netted two minutes from time.
And in a bizarre end to the game, Byfield completed the comeback for Haringey in stoppage time.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
A long punt forward from the stopper, who was on the edge of his own penalty area, bounced deep in the Aveley half and caught out opposite number Rhys Madden.
The Millers keeper tried his best to keep the effort out, but his momentum saw him inadvertently carry the ball over the line.
It was a slice of luck Haringey were surely only too pleased to receive as they returned to winning ways.
Haringey: Byfield, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi (Yiga 46), Luke, Gabriel, Asamoah, Georgiou (Gordon 68).
Subs: Edwards, Hervel.
Aveley: Madden, Malton, Stephenson, Witherspoon, Woodward, Berkane, Topley, Teniola, Marah, Bradford.
Subs: Cook, Keizer-Burrows, Doyle, Hogan, Gordon.