Haringey Borough 3 Aveley 2: Keeper Austin Byfield nets winner for Boro against Millers
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik North: Haringey Borough 3 (Asamoah 52, Rowe 88, Byfield 90+2) Aveley 2 (Teniola 28, 57)
A freakish goal from keeper Austin Byfield saw Haringey Borough come from behind to beat Aveley 3-2 in the Bostik North.
Boro conceded the opener in the 28th minute at Coles Park when Alex Teniola found the net for the visitors.
Just seven minutes into the second half, though, Ghanaian international Derek Asamoah levelled for the hosts.
However, Teniola scored again for the visitors in the 57th minute to put them back in front.
You may also want to watch:
Seemingly heading for a defeat, Tom Loizou’s men restored parity once more when Coby Rowe netted two minutes from time.
And in a bizarre end to the game, Byfield completed the comeback for Haringey in stoppage time.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
A long punt forward from the stopper, who was on the edge of his own penalty area, bounced deep in the Aveley half and caught out opposite number Rhys Madden.
The Millers keeper tried his best to keep the effort out, but his momentum saw him inadvertently carry the ball over the line.
It was a slice of luck Haringey were surely only too pleased to receive as they returned to winning ways.
Haringey: Byfield, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Stone, Mitchell, Rowe, Ademiluyi (Yiga 46), Luke, Gabriel, Asamoah, Georgiou (Gordon 68).
Subs: Edwards, Hervel.
Aveley: Madden, Malton, Stephenson, Witherspoon, Woodward, Berkane, Topley, Teniola, Marah, Bradford.
Subs: Cook, Keizer-Burrows, Doyle, Hogan, Gordon.